Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Airframe Technician - RRT (Req ID 2021-359)
The Airframe Technician – RRT travels to the customer’s location to perform inspection, troubleshooting, and repair of various corporate jets across the United States and internationally. This position interacts with customers and collaborates with Duncan team members to provide exceptional customer service and rapid response 24/7. Applicants must have an A&P certificate, as well as experience working in remote operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Efficiently inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, function tests, removes, reinstalls, and returns to service of aircraft using the proper tooling and test equipment in a safe, professional, and clean manner according to manufacturer’s specifications, FAA regulations and Duncan Aviation approved procedures. Performs as an RII Inspector.
- Oversees, completes and maintains accurate and timely project documentation including reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasted and billed labor hours; reviewing work orders and invoices, etc. Uses appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor and outside services are applied prior to billing.
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout the projects. Accepts full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of the aircraft through planning, prioritizing, and communicating with customers, Company personnel, OEM’s, outside contractors and vendors, as necessary. Ensures the safety and security of customer’s equipment during all maintenance phases.
- Assists with managing and maintaining adequate and appropriate parts inventory certification, calibration of assigned tooling, working condition and cleanliness of support vehicles.
- Be available to provide a continuation of service and be a point of contact for internal or external customers before or after scheduled hours of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required; valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; RII Designation eligible
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; multiple overnight and short notice travel
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Four years related airframe maintenance experience required