Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Expediter - Material Services (Req ID 2021-451)
The Material Services Expediter generates and reviews parts reports for back ordered and past due purchase orders, expedites materials and advises all necessary individuals as to the status of the materials and purchase orders. In addition, this position assists purchasing agents by placing orders, reviewing problems receipts and contacting vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing, availability, delivery schedule, parts servicing and places order; and defines incoming material transportation requirements as needed.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews daily reports to identify parts from customer back order requisitions and past-due purchase orders, determines the status of these parts, and notifies the appropriates department expediters, team leader, project manager or other appropriate team member.
2. Obtains parts pricing and availability by contacting vendors and/or researching parts locator services to support team members in preparing accurate quotes. Contacts appropriate team member regarding price, quantity or delivery discrepancies.
3. Assists purchasing agents by soliciting various sources for immediate-demand items, placing orders with vendors for special order items for work-in-process, following-up on parts pricing follow-up, reviewing problem receipts to identify what action needs to be taken and assisting with corrective action.
4. Accurately enters, updates and maintains inventory database in a timely manner to ensure precise inventory files, cross reference information, parts notes files, purchase order files and vendor kits as necessary.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs.; repetitive motion; tolerates sitting
- Environmental: N/A
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- One year related materials, purchasing, warehouse or shipping and receiving experience required
- General computer skills required, including knowledge of Microsoft Software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Previous aviation experience preferred
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled