Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Aircraft Interior Trainee (Req ID 2021-477)
Don't have experience working on aircraft? No problem! If you have a high attention to detail and enjoy working with your hands, check this out. Bring your mechanical aptitude and your willingness to learn, we'll teach you all you need to know from there!
The Aircraft Interior Trainee, under immediate supervision, learns and gains competency in the removal, repairing, modifying, refurbishing and the reinstallation of aircraft interiors according to customer specifications and Duncan Aviation approved procedures in a safe and organized work area. In addition, this position maintains and cleans shop equipment and organizes shop and hangar areas; and completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
1. Under immediate supervision, removes and installs interiors including carpeting, insulation, soundproofing, fabric accessories, etc. in aircraft using hand tools according to Duncan Aviation approved procedures.
2. Under immediate supervision, strips materials, preps and repairs panels. Recovers flat work and accessories using various fasteners and hand tools.
3. Under immediate supervision, prepares and paints and dyes miscellaneous plastic, metal and leather parts.
4. Under immediate supervision researches, prepares, and signs off various documents for record keeping purposes as required by Duncan Aviation approved procedures, manufacturers' maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, flammability testing, W.O. Sheets, personal training log and other work order related documents supporting the review squawks and expected hours).
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Six months related experience preferred
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts 50 lbs., occasionally 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 1:30 PM to 12:00 AM
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions)
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of a plethora of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled