Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
3D Visualization and Design Specialist (Req ID 2021-181)
Are you creative and motivated to take your career to new heights? If yes, Duncan Aviation is looking for you! Join our team as a 3D Visualization and Design Specialist to help bring aircraft interior and exterior designs (like this) to life!
As a 3D Visualization and Design Specialist, you will support the modifications sales and design groups by preparing 3D illustrations using aviation specific resources for the modification of business jet aircraft. This position will work closely with the Lead Designer, Design Engineer, Alterations Planning Team (APT) and Engineering teams to develop complete and accurate conceptual illustrations on modification projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports Modifications Sales & Designers by creating 3D illustrations of aircraft interiors and components (cabins, chairs, benches, tables, surfaces), 2D/3D exterior paint concepts, and photo manipulations.
- Works directly with Engineering and production during design development phase, assisting in 2D/3D illustration and accuracy verification of modifications or products.
- Assists Marketing by providing illustrations and images to promote Duncan Aviation’s modification capabilities.
- Develop, support and maintain 3D model library and standards for both interior monuments (chairs, benches, tables, surfaces, etc..) and exterior paint.
- Assists with the development of new design options.
- Assists with the completion of the detailed Paint Specification form.
- Provides complete project oversite on paint-only projects.
- Provides a high level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Accepts responsibility and demonstrates initiative, team work and attention to detail. Maintains a professional image consistent with the company’s mission, values and goals.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in 3D Visualization, Architectural Design, CGI, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer / 3D Graphic Design or equivalent
Technical & Non-Technical Experience:
- Required: Experience in polygon/subdivision modeling software (Blender, 3dsmax, Maya, C4D or equivalent)
- Required: Experience in illustration software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, AutoCad or equivalent)
- Required: Experience with 3D illustration (modeling, layout, texturing, lighting, rendering), compositing, color correction, conceptual drawing, ideation and photo-manipulation.
- Required: Previous experience working from photo reference, engineering drawings and surveyed data to create illustrations or renderings
- Required: Previous work experience as CG Generalist, Architectural Visualization, Industrial Design or related 3D Visualization role
- Preferred: 5+ years of design (3D/Illustration) experience
- Preferred: Experience in solid/surface modeling software will be considered in addition to required experience (SolidWorks, Catia, Alias, Rhino or equivalent)
- Preferred: Familiarity with Aviation or Transportation industry, as well as FAA regulations and procedures
Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance is required; occasional multiple night and / or international travel
- Physical: Repetitive motion, reads small print; identifies colors; tolerates products and materials associated with aircraft interior and exterior completions and finish; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Moving to the area? Let us help! Relocation Assistance, in the form of a stipend, is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) available to team members on day one.
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Not familiar with Duncan Aviation? Don't worry, we won't hold it against you! Click here to learn more about the company and the amazing creations we bring to life!
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.