Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Avionics Technical Representative - Components (Req ID 2020-255)
The Components Technical Representative serves as the avionics technical advisor in supporting internal and external customers with technical services, troubleshooting and customer service issues. In addition, this position seeks and evaluates new component repair opportunities, and assists sales and business development teams with evaluating and interpreting applicable technical data and tooling requirements; and works with the Professional Development team to develop and deliver technical training. The representative supports Sales and Business Development team in preparing quotes and researching and resolving components issues.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting for team members, customers and manufacturers for avionics maintenance activities. Provides technical support and professional input during customer debriefs as necessary. Coordinates customer assistance with warranty questions.
2. Develops and promotes new products or capabilities. Identifies and forecasts required parts.
3. Coordinates with Professional Development team to develop and conduct verbal and written technical training for Parts, Components and Services team members and external customers. Writes technical briefs regularly.
4. Supports sales team with quotes and sales proposals by providing technical guidance for components systems capabilities, warranty issues, and evaluating and adjusting repair and overhaul flat rates. Promotes component services to customers by identifying and recommending products and services. Creates quotes, submits bid proposals and coordinates services as needed.
5. Recommends and initiates measures to improve quality, procedures, efficiency and working conditions. Identifies, researches and recommends component tooling and equipment needs for new capabilities. Develops and fosters relationships with OEM technical representatives. Assists with monitoring and maintaining compliance with service center requirements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts 50 lbs., occasionally up to 75 lbs.; reads small print; tolerates standing and sitting; proficient typing and data entry; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; hearing sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies
- Environmental: Tolerates working in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in electronics, avionics, aviation maintenance or related field or equivalent required
- Eight years minimum experience with avionics component related maintenance
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.