Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Customer Account Representative I - Satellite (Req ID 2021-521)
The Satellite Customer Account Representative I provides reception and general office and administrative duties to support the satellite shop, and assists customers and shop team members by responding to requests or inquiries regarding Duncan Aviation satellite services, status of customer units, invoicing and accounts. In addition, this position assist with computer systems training; coordinates availability and shipping of loaner/rental units; performs various shipping and receiving functions; and completes accurate and timely documentation according to customer specifications and Duncan Aviation approved procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general office and administrative duties related to supporting the satellite shop.
- Manages aircraft and component work orders by entering, updating and reviewing information including verifying pricing, squawk details, parts, labor, outside services and discounts to ensure accurate invoice preparation. Coordinates with customers, project managers and shop team members to ensure optimal turn time and shipping dates for units.
- Assists customers and satellite team by researching and responding to customer requests for availability and capability of in-house services. Schedules send-in units for repair/overhaul. Coordinates exchange and loaner/rental units. Assists with resolving warranty and customer satisfaction issues.
- Coordinates customer service in areas involving shop capabilities, recall notices, billing and warranty issues. Receives customer units. Opens squawks in aircraft work orders and opens component work orders. Coordinates distribution of units to Avionics/Instruments team members or outside vendors for repairs.
- Orders, tracks and follows-up on parts for in-process work as necessary. Verifies customer open account status, credit line and loaner eligibility with appropriate team members. Schedules COD shipments and contacts customer for payment in advance of shipping unit(s), if designated, in accordance with company Credit department policies.
- Receives incoming shipments, verify shipments with purchase orders and visually inspect materials for damage, quantity, descriptions, part number, serial number, condition order, etc. per FAA regulations and Duncan approved procedures. Prepares parts shipments by inspecting and safely packaging parts, performing shipment entry, producing correct documentation and accurately coding shipping costs for billing.
- Assists satellite shop manager with training team members on relevant company computer systems, inventory management and technical data management.
- Prepares teardown reports, following technician evaluation units for repair or overhaul. Uses pricing database to determine price to be charged in accordance with established company guidelines, and provides quotes to the customer. Faxes teardown to customer, responds to customer concerns and/or follows up with customer to verify approval and work completion status.
- Be available to provide a continuation of service and be a point of contact for internal or external customers before or after scheduled hours of work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Shipping & Receiving Inspection Authorization; Eligibility for Hazardous Materials Shipping Certification
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 25 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates products associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and sitting
- Environmental: N/A
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Business courses at a college level preferred
- Minimum two years previous Duncan Aviation customer account, customer service, or administrative experience required
- Proficiency with basic computer skills and MS Office Software (i.e. Windows, Excel, Word, etc.)
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled