Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Administrative Assistant - Satellite (Req ID 2019-419)
The Satellite Administrative Assistant provides reception and general administrative duties to support the satellite shop, including assisting customers and team members with requests or inquiries regarding Duncan Aviation satellite services, status of customer units, invoicing and accounts. In addition, this position opens work orders, generates invoices and assists in resolving billing disputes; coordinates availability and shipping of loaner/rental units and may perform various shipping and receiving functions; and completes accurate and timely documentation according to customer specifications and Duncan Aviation approved procedures.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs general office and administrative duties related to supporting the satellite shop, including assisting customers and team members with requests or inquiries regarding Duncan Aviation satellite services, status of customer units, invoicing and accounts.
2. Manages aircraft and component work orders by entering, updating, and reviewing information including verifying pricing, squawk details, parts, labor, outside services and discounts to ensure accurate invoice preparation. Coordinates with customers, project managers and team members to ensure optimal turn time and shipping dates for units.
3. Assists customers and team members by researching and responding to customer requests for availability and capability of in-house services. Schedules send-in units for repair/overhaul. Coordinates exchange and loaner/rental units. Assists with resolving warranty and customer satisfaction issues.
4. Coordinates customer service in areas involving shop capabilities, recall notices, billing and warranty issues. Receives customer units. Opens squawks in aircraft work orders or opens component work orders. Coordinates distribution of units to Avionics/Instruments team or outside vendors for repairs.
5. Prepares teardown reports, following technician evaluation units for repair or overhaul. Uses pricing database to determine price to be charged in accordance with established company guidelines and provides quotes to the customer. Faxes teardown to customer, responds to customer concerns and follows up with customer to verify approval and work completion status.
6. Orders, tracks and follows-up on parts for in-process work as necessary. Verifies customer open account status, credit line and loaner eligibility with appropriate team member. Schedules COD shipments and contacts customer for payment in advance of shipping unit(s), if designated, in accordance with company Credit department policies.
7. May receive incoming shipments, verify shipments with purchase orders, and visually inspect materials for damage, quantity, descriptions, part number, serial number, condition order, etc. per FAA regulations and Duncan approved procedures. May prepare parts shipments by inspecting and safely packaging parts, performing shipment entry, producing correct documentation, and accurately coding shipping costs for billing.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Shipping & Receiving Inspection Authorization eligibility; Hazardous Materials Shipping Certification eligibility
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 25 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and sitting
- Environmental: N/A
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Business courses at a college level preferred
- Minimum one year previous clerical and/or accounting experience
- Proficiency with basic computer skills and MS Office Software (i.e. Windows, Excel, Word, etc.)