Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Aircraft Interior Designer (Req ID 2021-347)
The Lead Designer position works directly with clients to create and finalize designs and specifications on large and complex modifications projects and serves as the liaison between the client and Sales, Project Managers, production departments and Engineering to support sales and production activities. In addition, the Lead Designer supports the sales with accurate and timely design packages and / or specifications and promotes Duncan Aviation services to clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates large and complex interior modification and external paint projects. Provides oversight of the design details and coordination of schedule and priorities as projects are being developed within the design team.
- Acts as the client liaison through the modification process to insure consistency of design intent.
- Supports Sales and Marketing to promote Duncan Aviation during the sales process.
- Attends and / or initiates meetings for assigned projects.
- Provides a high level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Accepts responsibility and demonstrates initiative, team work and attention to detail. Maintains a professional image consistent with the company’s mission, values and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: N/A
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional multiple night and/or international travel
- Physical: Repetitive motion, reads small print; identifies colors; tolerates products and materials associated with aircraft interior and exterior completions and finish; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or equivalent preferred
- Proficient with various design software packages including Corel Draw, AutoCad, 3D software required
- Five years design experience with a minimum of three years aviation design experience preferred
- Familiar with FAA and international aviation approval procedures (EASA, ANAC, INAC, etc.)
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.