Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Airframe Lead Technician - Bombardier (Req ID 2021-340)
We are growing and looking for experienced aircraft maintenance technicians to join our Bombardier team as a Lead Airframe Technician. If you are an experienced technician, specifically working on Bombardier aircraft models, and have your FAA Airframe Certificate, this is the career move for you!
As the Bombardier Lead Airframe Technician, you will be looked upon to demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and aircraft system knowledge on a variety of Bombardier aircraft models. The Bombardier Lead Airframe Technician is responsible to:
- manage and accept ownership of all aspects of the assigned aircraft and project, including coordinating necessary resources, documentation and communication with team members and customers;
- interact positively with customers and team members to foster a company-wide environment of teamwork;
- inspect, service, repair and troubleshoot aircraft, components and systems; and
- perform Quality Inspector (QI) tasks as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality and efficiency throughout the projects. Accepts full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of the aircraft through planning, prioritizing and communicating with customers, team members, OEM's, outside contractors and vendors as necessary. Ensures the safety and security of customer's equipment, parts and aircraft during all maintenance phases.
2. Inspects, services, repairs and troubleshoots aircraft systems using a high level of technical aptitude and aircraft system knowledge. Performs all work in accordance with Duncan Aviation approved procedures, appropriate maintenance manuals and technical data. Performs Qualified Inspector (QI) duties as needed.
3. Oversees, completes and maintains accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation including reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasted and billed labor hours. Reviews work orders, invoices, etc. to ensure timely and accurate inventory allocation, appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor and outside services are applied prior to billing. Participates in reviewing of the final invoice with appropriate management and sales team for profitability, accuracy, accountability and documentation. Assists professionally and courteously in addressing customer billing disputes and work order reviews for maintenance actions performed by team members.
4. Supervises day-to-day activities of team members as assigned by the team leader. Holds team members accountable to Duncan Aviation approved policies and procedures, including professionalism, safety and cleanliness of the work environment. Ensures the team's consistent use of appropriate technical data.
5. Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensures accurate work and supports the team's goals.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Three to five years Bombardier aircraft maintenance experience required
- Previous experience leading projects preferred
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe Certificate required; Powerplant Certificate preferred; valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified; QI designation; Man Lift qualified; meets requirements for Aircraft Run and Taxi Qualifications; tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional overnight and short notice travel required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts.
- Moving to the area? Let us help! Relocation Assistance, in the form of a stipend, is available for those that qualify.
- Take advantage of our Tool Account to build your tool inventory or expand on what you already have.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) available to team members on day one.
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.