A Warehouse II Ice Cream Mover in Module is responsible for performing all functions required to manually stack product onto pallets, move pallets of finished product from production to frozen warehouse storage, pick route orders and maintain inventory / shipping records
Role and Activity
[Describe the essential activities/tasks/duties the job holder assumes in this position, using a numbered list]
- Work safely and productively in a frozen environment
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices in a Warehouse Setting
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations to maintain process flow and prevent production disruptions
- Set up, maintain, monitor, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain product, quality, and safety specifications / troubleshoot equipment as needed
- Operate multiple forklift types as needed
- Transport and place full pallets of product into locations specified by the inventory management system
- Read and create bills of lading
- Load outbound orders onto truck trailers for shipping
- Load and operate stretch wrapping equipment
- Manually pick orders as defined by pick tickets for individual stores and or delivery routes
- Timely and accurate stacking of product per product category
- Must be available for all shifts or rotating shifts where required.
- Use NCE tools to optimize inventory control procedures
- Organizes and maintains Span Track area for efficient material storage and handling; maintains labeling system on each stock item; manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned.
- Ensure each SKU is rotated according to expiration date
- Action and/or brainstorming operation issues escalated by team
- Perform other duties as required.
[List particular behaviors that are needed for this position]
- Performance – Open to change and will always look for better, simpler and more effective ways of operating.
- Hands on approach. – Decisions and plans based on seeing and being part of the event, not solely based on report reading.
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Hygiene, Process, Labor resource and Waste.
- Entrepreneurial – challenges the status quo and explores new ideas and opportunities.
- Continually striving to increase the knowledge of the processes and products - Understand all tasks, processes and activities as an expert in Ice cream.
- Teamwork – Commitment and enthusiasm to working together to achieve better outcomes.
- Accountability – Personal commitment, full participant who uses personal impact to build the business.
- Consumer focused – Produce product to the agreed quality standards.
- Know Your People – Spend time getting to know your people, their skills, interests, knowledge, etc.