Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of products through sanitation, ingredient, packaging and quality systems management. The role is the ‘Leader’ of compliance of regulatory and customer standards. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to FDA regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety.
- Developing high quality standards and ownership across value chain
- Lead by example to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities operational Quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Promote the culture change towards behavioral quality improvements
- Provide expertise to plant on all matters related to regulatory compliance, internal audit standards and external customers audits.
- Direct and supervise complaince-quality specialist,micro-quality specialist, and QC techs (sensory and micro techs) to execute compliance checks to ensure plant is executing daily to regulatory and food safety standards.
- Partner with operations management on key food safety checks to be completed by line operators. Checks need to be evaluated periodically to ensure they are in line with compliance requirements and food safety standards.
- Partner with corporate quality to ensure vendor quality is executed for all vendors shipping product to faciilty.
- Provide technical support/resources for Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products.
- Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement
- Ensure compliance to internal and external audits i.e. FSSC 22000/Market audits/regulartory inspections.
- Lead execution of food safety team and programs to ensure HACCP,FSMA (FSP) are followed.
- Ensure HACCP, FSMA FSP are executed on the floor effectively to promote food safety standards.
- Actively particpate in the change control process, including new products to ensure allergen matrix is applied.
- Partner with TAG in new product development, and execution of CRQS process
- Lead document control to ensure key documents and records are maintained to demonstrate products are manufactured following food safety standards.
- Drive Hygiene and GMP programs across the whole factory and external warehouse.
- Stay up to date of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility (state, federal and local) communicate to qualtiy manager.
- Support to local, State and Federal agencies for on-site inspections and other activities.
- Drive Monthly reviews of KPI’s and contribute towards meeting the yearly business Goals for the Facility
- Challenge all departments on quality and food safety related matters
- As the GLOBE QM Super User, responsibilities include:
- Product release coordination
- Product holds and rework dispositions
- Traceability for product recall & withdrawal
- Manage & update Quality Master Data
- Raw material and product inspection plan creation & management, and ensures alignment with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS) & the factory HACCP plan
- Approved status for all external, 3rd party and customer audits
- Compliance to requirements specified by regulatory, customers and Froneri standards.
- Being on the shop floor making ice-cream
- Drive improvements from benchmarking improvements and implementation of CRQS
- Reduction in Food Safety incidents
Levels of responsibility
- Deploy QA standards
- Lead regulatory visits from State and Federal agencies.
- Assist TAG with new product development from documentation to first time production
- Lead third party and customer audits.
- Performance – challenging the team, organized, enthusiastic, attention to detail, conscientious
- Hands on approach – Decisions are based on seeing and being part of the event, not solely based on report reading. Know and understand the role
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence – Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines whilst delivers right first-time quality.
- Entrepreneurial – Always strives to be creative, wants to present the best products possible from a maintained, clean and safe factory environment
- Continually striving knowledge of the process and product - Logical, creative and committed. Able to problem solve
- Teamwork – commit and coordinate the Quality team in order to achieve better outcomes
- Accountability – monitor and guarantee the respect of the quality standards and GMP in order to avoid complaints and consumer safety issues
- Consumer focused – prepare the standard according to the consumer expectation, guarantee the implementation of the standard in order to ensure consumer satisfaction