Areas reporting to:
Supply Chain leadership team – Inventory, Supervisor team, Safety, Quality, Inventory
Effective and consistent management of the site distribution center. To consistently achieve supply chain cost, quality, and safety targets through effective management of the processes, teams and systems. Covering all aspects of food safety and cold chain compliance.
This will be achieved by ensuring that distribution center teams are effectively coordinated and managed, through having a clear knowledge and understanding of requirements, attention to detail and providing all teams with inspiration, guidance, motivation and effective and fair control.
Role and Activity
[Describe the essential activities/tasks/duties the job holder assumes in this position, using a numbered list]
- To ensure the distribution center facility is clean, always organized and operating under discipline.
- To manage the supply chain process to ensure that the products produced meet customer specification, quality and food safety.
- To ensure that daily, weekly and monthly cost and cph meets targeted outputs through effective management of dock and yard and labor management
- Effectively manage inventory including management of aging stock and loss mitigation strategies.
- Effectively manage dock and yard, dock capacity, and racking capacity for optimal maximization of output.
- To manage, monitor and control costs so as to ensure that site costs are within budgeted requirements
- Effectively manage facility and equipment for operational effectiveness and business readiness at all times
- Develop leadership team for future succession planning through various tools providing skills needed for future growth
- Effectively monitor all measurable outputs and ensure effective process improvement is in place for areas identified for improvement.
- To provide a visible presence in the RDC/Distribution center on a daily basis so as to guide, coach, monitor and control the issues and activities and be accessible to all.
- To communicate effectively with all the team, through meetings, memos, team briefings on a regular basis
- To carry out regular appraisals with your team and to ensure that performance management/appraisals and training is taking place throughout DC/RDC on a regular basis
- To be proactive in looking for areas of improvement and to adopt techniques and practices that ensure that there is a quality environment in production
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully met and that a positive safety culture is maintained throughout the factory
- Ensure that you walk the talk and use the looking eyes, attend to the issues as and when they happen. The daily site walk must deliver a clean tidy site all over.
- Ensure that you are the focal point for the site.
- Promote the Froneri culture of employees being owners rather than just employees.
- To ensure the use of other group resources to ensure synergies are carried through
- To encourage all direct reports to liaise with their counter parts in other sites to promote a one business culture and share benefits
[Consider each of the activities/tasks/duties listed above and identify how the business will measure your activities]
- Daily, weekly, monthly movement targets are fully met
- Create a highly engaged and motivated work culture
- Costs are maintained at/below budgeted levels
- Effective Leadership team in place
- All salaried staff receive a yearly appraisal with monthly progress conversations
- Training and development plans in place for all teams, producing measurable business benefits
- Leadership development plan in place and being actioned including succession planning
- Quality and improvement initiatives being implemented
- Reduction in accidents and incidents on a YOY basis
- An improving trend on the submitted weekly KPI’s
Levels of responsibility
[List those areas where you have specific responsibility related to People, Customer, Operation/Work process, Finance]
- On time readiness
- Dock and Yard Management
- Shipping Targets
- Inventory control
- Finished stock level
- Distribution center P & L budget
- Facility and Equipment
- Health & Safety
- Team management
- Training and development of the site teams
- Impeccable hygiene standards always
[List particular behaviors that are needed for this position]
- Performance – Open to change and will always look for better, simpler and more effective ways of operating.
- Hands on approach. – Decisions and plans based on seeing and being part of the event, not solely based on report reading.
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Hygiene, Process, Labor resource and Wastage.
- Entrepreneurial – challenges the status quo and explores new ideas and opportunities
- Continually striving knowledge of the process and product. Understand all tasks, processes and activities as an expert in Ice cream.
- Teamwork – commitment and enthusiasm to working together to achieve better outcomes
- Accountability – personal commitment, full participant who uses personal impact to build the business
- Consumer focused –drives service excellence, as knows what customers and consumers want