Co-pilot within the Factory Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects) on a day to day basis for assigned Local Committee. Provide financial leadership by supplying plant and corporate management accurate and timely financial data, as well as analysis and recommended actions to identify and correct inefficient operations resulting in lower operating costs. Ensure sound costing in adherence to financial legal requirements and NAS. Ensure compliance of factory with Nestle regulations and best practices through leading the compliance network in the factory.
Role and Activity
- Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings. Utilize NCE and Lean tools to improve processes and results.
- Partner with Engineering to manage costs and monitor capitalization. Research capitalization discrepancies and delays. Ensure budget integrity. Perform fixed asset cycle counts.
- Compile reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and develop dynamic forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitoring of progress to close gaps, ensuring Nestle financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed.
- Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed. Work with team members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards.
- Work with factory compliance network and technical group compliance network to roll out best practices to team in area of Compliance. Ensure groups are completing health checks in factory as required. Track monthly GFI score. Conduct internal audits to assess audit readiness. Track compliance on open audit follow-ups and ensure closure. Work with other factories to roll out periodic peer audits and focus on corporate audit trend results.
- Performance – Prioritize activities, overcoming obstacles to get results and meet objectives and deadlines.
- Hands on approach. – Identifies and researches appropriate sources for relevant information in order to answers questions and provide accurate advice.
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Looks for ways to improve services, sharing ideas for improvement with colleagues and managers and being actively involved in implementing agreed changes.
- Entrepreneurial – Provides accurate impartial advice maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times. Communicates openly and effectively with other team members and customers.
- Continually striving to increase knowledge of processes and products - Understand all tasks, processes and activities undertaken by the team
- Teamwork – Establishes and maintains constructive and mutually supportive relationships with colleagues and other key stakeholders.
- Accountability – Takes pride in and accepts accountability for the accuracy of their work, decisions made, and advice given. Applies attention to detail and achieves high levels of accuracy.
- Consumer focused – Demonstrates a clear understanding of who HR customers are and consistently demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Know Your People – Spend time getting to know your people, their skills, interests, knowledge, etc.