We’re starting a new chapter in our journey as Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, now part of Froneri. Having nearly 100 years of winning experience in the U.S with a robust portfolio of powerhouse brands that consumers know and love, and the backing of a global pure-play ice cream organization, we’re poised to accelerate growth.
Headquartered in the Bay area, a hub for up and coming food trends, we focus on both the future and the present. In both our offices and our factories, we are determined to overcome obstacles, learn from failure, and raise our game. With a renewed focus on frozen treats, our tight-knit team of ambitious innovators are fully immersed in the business and encouraged to flex and make decisions quickly. We are committed to pursuing every great idea, and delivering the best ice cream experience to our consumers, when are where they want it.
Unleash your potential at Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream and discover what a sweet career has in store for you.
Effective and consistent service of factory equipment. To consistently achieve production and cost targets on a short term (day to day) and long term (monthly/annual) basis, through effective management and upkeep of the processes, kit and systems, so as to ensure that we achieve our production targets, through the manufacture of products to the right quality and specification. Covering all aspects of food safety.
This will be achieved by ensuring that equipment is available for production, reactive maintenance is dealt with at speed, and accuracy. Developing a clear knowledge and understanding of the factory, products and machinery.
Role and Activity
Factory Maintenance and dept
- This is a hands-on role, providing visibility and accessibility on the factory floor or repairing equipment.
- Ensure that the machines are ready for smooth running during production at lowest waste levels.
- Keeping yourself updated of production plans & any changes. It is important to be proactive in finding out what is happening around you rather than waiting to be fed.
- Look for issues, and not wait to be told or instructed to complete a task
- Awareness of all machinery problems or any unfinished jobs.
- Ensure break downs are addressed in a speedy response.
- Create a “one person for one job” policy unless the job requires more or for training; never compromise safety.
- Ensure your work areas are operating under discipline, the workplace, workshop and stores are clean, organized and tidy by maintaining a clean as you go policy in all areas
- Ensure the machines produce products that meet customer specification, quality and food safety.
- Performs Maintenance Tracking Sheet (MTS) inspections for the Mechanical Integrity of the Ammonia Refrigeration Systems.
- Performs IIAR Bulletin 109 Inspections for the Ammonia System Equipment.
- Ensures Utilities Systems involving Ammonia Refrigeration, Compressed Air, Boilers, Steam, Condensate Return, Glycol, Brine, HVAC, Fire Sprinklers, Fire Pumps, Fire Risers, Wastewater Pretreatment, and Natural Gas are operated, inspected, and maintained in a safe, productive, and reliable manner to meet our business needs and comply with regulatory requirements including Process Safety Management (PSM) and our Risk Management Plan for environmental concerns.
- Operate and repair electro-mechanical equipment such as ammonia refrigeration valve groups, freezers, electric motors, pumps, ammonia compressors, condensers, forced air evaporators, compressed air systems, steam systems, PLC’s and utilities processes, machines, and equipment.
- Help sustain and improve the PSM process
- Proactively looking for areas of improvement and to adopt techniques and practices that ensure that there is a quality environment in production
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully met and that a positive safety culture is maintained throughout the factory
- Ensure that you walk the talk and use your “looking eyes”, attend to the issues as and when they happen.
- Ensure you have significant Shop floor presence to monitor and control production line performance and take promptly corrective actions on issues.
- Promote the Froneri culture of treating the business as yours.
- Spare parts are always correctly booked out and accounted for
- Ensure Items for disposal are stripped for usable parts
- Ensure parts to be replaced must be delivered to stores before obtaining new ones.
- Treat the store room like your own garage stores at home promoting ownership
- Ensure that you only carry out required maintenance & only replace worn/ broken parts, providing feedback on frequency.
- Drive the tasks through required work from observations and data, not just theoretical plans
- Maintenance follows production, not the other way around
- Ensure that maintenance tasks adhere to company food safety polices. Ensure that all parts and tools are sanitized before use on the production floor.
- Ensure all working practices comply with company rules and procedures in order that you and any other persons using the area of work can do so safely.
- Always keep full and up to date records of all equipment with maintained traceability
- Treat all spends as if they are your own
- Encourage dry production areas and report any ghost busting activities.
- Production productivity
- Balance maintenance on preventative vs planned rather than just corrective where it is feasible
- Zero rejections for product food safety and quality issues
- Daily, weekly, monthly production targets are fully met
- Costs are maintained at/or below budgeted levels
- Quality and improvement initiatives being implemented
- An improving trend on the submitted weekly KPI’s
Levels of responsibility
- All Factory processes and equipment.
- Break down interventions, maintenance and improvements
- Production Targets
- Engineering budget
- Health & Safety
- Training and development to improve knowledge of all machinery
- Impeccable hygiene standards always
- Performance – Open to change and will always look for better, simpler and more effective ways of operating. Operate under controlled speed and pressure
- Hands on approach. – Decisions and plans based on seeing and being part of the event, not solely based on report reading. Know and understand the process and machinery
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Hygiene, Process, speed and Wastage.
- Entrepreneurial – Challenges the status quo and explores new ideas and opportunities
- Continually striving knowledge of the process and product - Understand all tasks, processes and activities as an expert in Ice cream.
- Teamwork – Commitment and enthusiasm to working together to achieve better outcomes, with a sense of customer service towards the factory
- Accountability – Personal commitment, Methodical and self-disciplined, Logical thinking
- Consumer focused –Support production to deliver products at agreed quality standards