Technical Artist (Contract to Hire)
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are expanding and looking for an energetic, self-propelled Technical Artist to join our creative team. In this position you will create compelling, emotionally impactful final artwork that fits and enhances the established style and branding of our desktop and mobile platform. We have a fast- paced, collaborative environment where you will work with art directors, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading edge games and features.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrable experience working on multiplayer, social, or casual games
- A high level of comfort and confidence working equally with game art and programming
- Experience with Unity (Certification as a Unity Technical Artist a plus!)
- Knowledge of Adobe art packages ranging from texturing to FX. Knowledge of 3D a plus but not a focus in this role
- Able to work well as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Able to create artist tools and scripts to streamline productivity (i.e. MEL/PYTHON)
- Experience with C#
- Strong sense of color, light, and design
- Knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and FX
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Skilled at collaborating with engineering / art to diagnose and resolve issues
- Demonstrable professionalism good attitude, focused, and meets deadlines consistently
- Tech savvy, self-motivated and prolific with a desire to lead by example
Other cards you might be holding
- Mobile app development experience
- Casino game creation experience, especially slots
- Experience shipping at least one high quality title
- Avid gamer that can connect with slots/casino core demographic
Placing your best bet
- Mobile app development – iterative
- Investigate new techniques, implementation, and team training
- Prototype development
- Innovating within technical limitations
- Working collaboratively with clear communication
- Work with other Tas
- Create tools, initiate pipeline improvements, work with engineering team on complex challenges
Winning the jackpot
Collaboration is key! Throughout your first year you will work closely with developers and artists to implement art within our established pipeline while helping to bridge technical challenges between developers and artists. With your fellow art and design colleagues, you will develop and advance our visual style while insuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision to impact players and grow our business! We hold each person accountable for their actions and expect you to be a positive influence that executes assigned tasks while helping your team members whenever possible. Since you are always growing as an artist being able to take feedback professionally and having the ability to develop art to manage and project expectations in a timely manner is how we roll!
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. Like console games? Challenge your coworkers to a gaming break. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know!
Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.