Manager, User Acquisition & Growth Marketing (People Manager)
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
We are looking for a Manager of User Acquisition who can manage, mentor and grow our high performing paid marketing team! Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will be leading all the UA efforts for our portfolio of games, including DoubleDown Casino and Undead World: Hero Survival. Ideally, you are a UA veteran with a year or more team lead or people management experience, combined with an analytical mindset and a deep understanding of the performance marketing space. Collaboration is one of your core values and you have a successful track record collaborating with creative, product marketing and data science departments to meet KPIs. Managing relationships with social, search and ad network partners as well as MMPs is second nature. You will have significant influence on marketing strategy on a global scale and enjoy a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative hybrid work environment.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 5+ years’ experience in mobile user acquisition and marketing
- Experience with leading or managing people/teams
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Hands-on experience with quantitative media analysis and optimization
- Competent statistical and mathematical knowledge to perform job
- Ability to work across business functions including those external to our business
- Ability to communicate actions and results to senior executives and business units
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- A positive attitude and ability to wear multiple hats
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing, or working for, an agency
- NOTE: Although we are open for this role to be 100% remote, you must be located in the United States.
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- B2C buying/planning experience related to brand health metrics
- Gaming, video gaming, or entertainment industry experience a plus
- Mentor and manage a team of media analysts/buyers and help grow their knowledge and careers
- Manage implementation of tactics for optimizing paid acquisition cross-channel KPIs including traffic, CPC, conversion rates and ROAS to achieve revenue and performance goals
- Research and test partnerships with new vendors to expand our reach and/or lower cost-per-acquisition through new channels
- Collaborate cross functionally to set media goals and coordinate with stakeholders including BI/analytics, cross-functional marketers, creative teams, and agencies
- Manage overall budget across acquisition, retention, and brand goals by channel product
- Management of overall performance/KPI’s of media budget across channels, products, and partners
- Leverage 3rd party data sources to inform and validate industry and competitive trends
- Make high impact presentations to improve decision making and growth and generating actionable insights based on the findings
- Maintain internal buying and planning knowledge of historical work
- Coordinate reports and/or data to external stakeholders and partners (as needed)
- Ensure data validity across all information sources
In this role, you will drive our comprehensive performance marketing strategy and manage a team of savvy online marketers with knowledge of the mobile gaming space. The team is very analytical and leverages marketing analytics to increase ROI by collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop highly effective campaigns. If that is not enough, you will also manage partnerships with agencies, lead optimization strategy and tactics and lead the overall refinement of the media mix across the product offerings to maximize business results.
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers' faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!