Senior UX Designer
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
We’ve rocketed off the planet of our social casino roots and are expanding out into new and creative mobile game genres and galaxies!
We are expanding and looking for an excited, enthusiastic, energetic, self-propelled UX/UI Designer to join our creative team!
In this position, you will own the User Experience design for multiple new and exciting, in-development games! You will design, write documentation, create wireframes/user flows, and work with artists to create compelling, emotionally impactful designs that introduce information, features, and gameplay in a fun and easy manner for our players to understand. You will have the opportunity to blend your inspiration, creativity, gameplay experiences, research findings, and data analytics to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, simple to use and fun to play, but are also designed with a user-centered approach to ensure that we are adding value and meeting the needs of our players.
We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers, and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges & Skill Tree
- A serious passion for user-centered design, the ability to relay your thoughts and designs to other disciplines, and an excellent ability to collaborate and work with others to achieve team goals
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a UX designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar user-centric design roles
- Examples of wireframes, flow diagrams and visual designs that illustrate taking a design from concept to implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities
- You should be a ravenous mobile gamer with many gaming apps installed. You understand the mobile gaming market, have numerous examples of favorite games and UX approaches in them, and you are ready to educate others on your passion for gaming!
- Experience and examples creating software applications, games, and/or mobile applications
- Proficiency in creating prototypes in Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or other common prototyping tools
Other Superpowers & Abilities
- Experience designing on Android and iOS phones and tablets
- Easily adapts and learns new things (e.g., a new prototyping tool, game, or design process)
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer that works well with others — developers, producers, engineers, and executives
- Excellent time management and task planning, flexible to work on multiple projects with different deadlines
- Understands the most popular mobile gaming apps and industry trends and can recommend numerous approaches and solutions to solving UX problems
- Enjoys presenting their work to teams or the company! We’re always excited to see the latest accomplishments of our teams!
- Previous work on Console or PC games
- Experience working in Unity
- Being a key designer in the development of new franchises and casual gaming apps. We’ve got 4 new mobile games in active development and you are going to touch and impact them all!
- Attend standups daily to understand the ongoing work of our talented teams
- Good ideas can come from anywhere! Work with a small group of designers, producers, developers, and artists to brainstorm, design, create, and release new games for our customers
- Create documentation, wireframes, prototypes, and work in Unity to bring your creations to life for our passionate audiences
- Opportunities to design features, characters, containers, or components of our apps
- Play and understand our competition, keep our team updated on the latest successful apps, industry trends, and systems
- Show our prototype and ‘in development work’ to the company, our customers, gather their feedback, and adjust features to meet their needs
In this role, you will help us to define and validate current User Personas, Scenarios and Value Propositions to help developers, designers and stakeholders across the company make informed user-centered decisions. Working closely with our marketing and research team, you’ll analyze user testing and market research results to reveal design solutions that could improve or add value to the user experience. From there you’ll rapidly iterate on user-centered solutions with wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes and visual designs. You’ll also work within a multi-discipline team to design and help implement functional and elegant gameplay and UI features from approved concepts in Unity. Deliver and follow through are words you live by — driving and supporting your ideas all the way from concept through the successful launch of a product, creating the assets necessary to test, validating and refining designs and working with stakeholders for signoff and ensuring proper implementation are all things that get you excited every day!
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however once the COVID restrictions are lifted, we will slowly transition to being back onsite in our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is a big part of our culture and when it is safe, employees are expected to be back in the studio.