Accountant (Mid to Senior)
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
If you enjoy being part of a team that collaboratively takes action, identifies opportunities, continuously strives to find efficiencies, and supports the business by providing accurate financial data, this dynamic Accountant role is for you. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be part of a 5-member team who truly collaborates and promotes growth in accounting and finance. This is an exciting opportunity as you will be responsible for assisting the team through the monthly accounting cycle through financial statements. Odds are, you will be helping to optimize the functionality of our ERP software.
We are open to a range of experience and skills. If you’ve got what it takes, let’s chat!
Salary Range for this position is as follows:
- Starting Salary Range: $71,000 - $92,000 with short term incentives
- Full Salary Range: $71,000 – $114,000 with short term incentives
- Senior Accountant
- Starting Salary Range: $85,000 - $111,000 with short term incentives
- Full Salary Range: $111,000 – $138,000 with short term incentives
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- 3-5 years progressive corporate accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Advanced Excel skills are a must!
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the desire, motivation, and visionary aptitude to engage in more than the typical structured accounting process
All of the above responsibilities plus:
- 5+ years of progressive corporate accounting experience
- Training or mentoring team members
- Demonstrated technical & analytical Accounting knowledge
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- Technical Accounting skills with knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with ERP software, Sage Intacct a huge plus
- Perform month-end account closing activities and journal entries
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP
- Review and post entries prepared by team
- Prepare biweekly payroll journal entry and reconcile payroll liability accounts
- Prepare financial reports and variance analysis
- Continuously assess, improve, and document internal controls, policies, and procedures related to areas of responsibility and ensure compliance with SOX
- Support external audit in compiling reports, schedules and conducting research
All of the above responsibilities plus:
- Train and mentor team members
- Prepare complex journal entries, accruals, and audit entries in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other team members
- Assist in the enhancement of ERP software, and other project initiatives
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage the full accounting cycle and gain leadership skills by supporting and reviewing the daily work processed by team members. Throughout your first year, you will become proficient with balance sheet accounts through performing timely account reconciliations and become proficient in completing all accounting cycles through month-end close, management reporting, and financial statements. In doing so, you will also become an efficient user of our accounting system and other analysis tools we use. As if that wasn’t enough, in your free time, you will also contribute to establishing and maintaining best practice policies and procedures, assist with establishing and maintaining internal controls, support the budgeting process, and assist with the quarterly external audits.
Rewards and Perks
Since our studio transitioned to a hybrid work environment (1 collaboration day per week in the office) the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance at some of the fun things we do as a studio!
● Hungry? Throughout the year, anticipate snack boxes courtesy of SnackMagic!
● Does your home “office” need some comfort? Those who are local to Seattle can take advantage of our office chair lending program!
● Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
● Want to see your coworker's faces more than once a week? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Painting Class
- Virtual Candle Making
● Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for various organizations throughout the year.
● As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, group life insurance & AD&D, disability protection (short- and long-term), a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answering any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid company holidays per year, prorated based on hire date.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
▪ Between our 4 Employee Assistance Programs, and our medical provider, you can access up to 12 free counseling visits annually.
▪ And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
● Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome People team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To learn about us, please visit us here and watch us here!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. We currently work in a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio, where teams are expected to collaborate in the office for a minimum of 1 day per week. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences and we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!