Senior Audio Designer
Want in at the start of something new and exciting?
We’ve rocketed off the planet of our social casino roots and are expanding out into new and creative mobile game genres and galaxies! We are expanding and looking for an energetic, self-propelled Sound Designer to join our creative team. In this position you will be composing original music and sound effects for our mobile gaming apps. As a top 10 Facebook, iOS and Android developer, we are committed to building a company that recognizes and rewards all employees, so come grow and challenge yourself!
We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are moving beyond just social casino, and focusing on the creation of multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises; expanding our audience and genres to create fun new worlds, characters, stories, and gameplay! Our mobile games are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social gaming space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Sound Designer within the mobile games industry
- A high level of comfort and confidence working equally with audio and game art
- Experience with Unity
- Strong understanding of asset bundling within Unity
- Troubleshoot audio asset compatibility across mobile devices and optimize specifically for memory and/or file size constraints
- Strong collaboration across teams: Artists, Technical Artists, Audio Designers & Developers
- Deep understanding of compression formats and options for encoding data
- Familiar with Unity components, such as Audio Listener, Audio Source and Audio Clip
- Able to create tools and scripts to streamline productivity
- Knowledge of audio creation and editing software
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Able to work well as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Professionalism: good attitude, focused, meets deadlines consistently, open to collaboration and feedback
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- Game creation working with slot content and Unity Video
- Unity Certification
- Experience shipping at least one high quality title
- Avid gamer
- Experience with Audio Mixer for mixing and mastering various audio sources
- Advanced FX
- Experience with building and improving existing tools for Technical Artists and Artists to allow implementation of event audio without a need for programming
- Mobile app development - iterative for both games and features
- Creating original scores and sound effects for games and apps
- Collaborate with artists and audio designers to polish timing with animations and UI events
- Develop workflow for getting raw audio assets into the project and ensuring they have correct import settings
- Determine the best file settings for a given asset based on it’s usage in the app
- Working closely with programmers, audio and artists
- Investigate new techniques, implementation, and team training
- Optimization and focus on keeping things light
- Tool writing
- Providing feedback to remote teams for audio assets
In this creative role, you will compose audio for games and apps while leveraging your technical experience to deliver usable audio that is efficient, optimized and ready for implementation in a game. You will also work closely with the creative team and be an active participant in reviewing other audio designers’ work, provide feedback in a timely manner, and manage asset lists.
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!