Senior Product Manager - Game Monetization (Seattle/Remote US)
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Product Management team and take its multi-million dollar free-to-play mobile business to the next stage of evolution. We are looking for an energetic individual who can dive deep into customer metrics to understand our audience and build successful product strategies and roadmaps. As a product and/or video game expert you will have the opportunity to shape future development and learn more about an exciting player base. This is a unique opportunity to drive step-function incremental value in one of the fastest growing entertainment industries in the world and help to grow and shape products that will evolve quickly and adapt to changing markets. In this role you will have significant exposure to all disciplines as well as the senior leadership of the company.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- BA/BS in related field or the equivalent of 5+ years of software product management, management consulting, strategy, business intelligence or related experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams on tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where rapid outcomes are desired
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach, and demonstrate resilience in front of change and obstacles
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- Strong background in consumer internet products and/or free-to-play games
- MBA or master’s degree
- Experience in engaging and setting high level stakeholder expectations
- Proficiency with SQL
- Familiarity with Tableau, Python or equivalent
- Develop a process for analyzing game performance, building recommendations for feature prioritization, analyzing key performance indicators of post-release features, and rigorously testing/optimizing them.
- Define and execute on an approach to analyze information based on frequency, urgency, cost, generality, and other factors that weigh on prioritization decisions.
- Develop and maintain a process and backlog list of feature, functionality and improvement needs expressed by internal teams, our customers, and the market.
- Have a focus on monetization and retention features, ancillary to the core game loop, based on best practices and own data analysis.
- Present product analysis and feature definition for the product and design teams.
- Analyze user behavior and business performance to make effective business decisions regarding new releases.
- Develop a subtle understanding of the social casino player, leading to the discovery of opportunities to innovate in the space.
- Create buy-in for the product vision with feature development teams and key stakeholders.
You will have a direct impact on the product strategy and feature design of our apps. Within a year, you will be responsible for building the feature roadmaps used by discipline and team leads and will be meeting with senior leadership to bring incremental growth to the business. You’ll become familiar with the different types of users who play our slot machine apps and will build approaches to target the different behavioral patterns seen. You will have a direct line of communication with key executives and stakeholders in charge of product development. Success for this role will be measured in your ability to identify these business targets accurately and rapidly, as well as reaching them successfully.
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!