Growth Marketing Specialist (Paid Search, UA, Mobile)
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
We are looking for a UA Media Buyer to acquire and retain profitable players through various mobile ad platforms (including Facebook, Adwords, Apple and ad networks). Reporting to the Head of User Acquisition, you will be part of a 6-member team that is made up of savvy online markers with knowledge of the mobile gaming space. The team is very analytical and leverages marketing analytics to increase ROI by collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop highly effective campaigns. In this role you will manage, grow, and optimize global user acquisition and retention campaigns for DoubleDown’s portfolio of apps.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related technical degree or the equivalent work experience
- Knowledgeable or experience in digital media buying and/or planning, including:
- Major mobile ad platforms (Facebook, Adwords etc)
- Experience or knowledge of CPI, CPA buying
- Knowledgeable in mobile user acquisition and retention analysis at scale, preferably with free to-play games
- Experience conducting analysis on acquisition and retention to deliver against KPI’s
- Knowledge of 3rd party mobile attribution
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to learn and understand creative development
- Strong ability to move quickly and adapt within a direct response business model
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and comfort with marketing analytics
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, pivot tables and Power Point
- Develop, implement, and manage user acquisition campaigns on iOS and Android
- Track, report and analyze mobile metrics, applying learnings to scale campaigns and develop new media strategies
- Establish collaborative relationships with media partners to launch and test campaigns, expand reach, and meet KPIs
- Develop A/B testing programs to maximize acquisition efforts and ROI
- Actively contribute to the evolution of team processes and workflow
- Be willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team, partners and company
- Be curious. Be innovative. Be collaborative.
In this role, you will grow your expertise in User Acquisition and Retention within the digital media space! Throughout your first year, you will grow in your understanding of different media channels, campaign structures and optimization strategies. You will provide budget projections and determine optimal spend to achieve acquisition objectives by consistently measuring and evaluating media campaigns. You will manage a portfolio of partners for multiple game genres and work across teams on creatives, messaging, and promotions. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking about what’s next as well and working in dynamic field with constant evolution, join the Paid UA team and help drive future performance.
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!