Project Manager - Game Design (Bilingual in Korean)
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
We’ve rocketed off the planet of our social casino roots and are expanding out into new and creative mobile game genres and galaxies! We’re looking for a talented Project Manager to join our creative team – could that be you? If you are an experienced Project Manager (or looking to start a career in Project Management) who is looking to work with a talented team of individuals from all disciplines on small teams that range from 10-20 people, then this role is for you!
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will work alongside other Project Managers, Producers, Designers, and Leadership to schedule tasks, design reviews, design jams, review work, help with legal review of app or game naming, help respond to, and translate design direction, and maintain AAA quality on multiple casual and mid-core games and apps. You will learn our development process, help us organize and plan work, frequently check in with design and production leadership, run standups, and help our studio ship quality games, features, and new apps, on time!
We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers, and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are moving beyond just social casino, and focusing on the creation of multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises; expanding our audience and genres to create fun new worlds, characters, stories, and gameplay! Our mobile games are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social gaming space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- Relevant experience as a Project Manager at a game developer or publisher
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in both Korean and English
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Google Docs, Office, SharePoint and/or other productivity software
- Highly organized and self-directed; able to keep on an assigned track with minimal supervision
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented, a strategic thinker who also has a high attention to detail
- A passion for learning and owning the coordination of teams to ship AAA content on time and at performant quality
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Need to be both a ‘leader’ and a ‘people person’ who excels at working with a diverse and talented set of individuals to meet business needs
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts between technology, schedule, and design goals
- Must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies, and disseminating information to staff and management
- Deep understanding and/or passion for Interactive Gaming; especially casual and mid-core mobile games
- Established communication, presentation, organizational, and people skills
- Respect for internal process and a strong desire to learn, drive, and make those processes more efficient
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with Shotgrid
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong understanding of mobile game development
- Design background
- Manage Confluence - Help to set up project pages, subpages, make sure links work correctly, and we have our design documentation easily accessible
- Keeping the schedule for the project up-to-date and doing everything possible to help design complete their tasks at quality on time or ahead of schedule
- Assists in writing tickets, tracking progress, adjusting priority, and making sure projects are tracking on time
- Coordinate the design resource calendar and production spreadsheets
- Coordinate communication several times a week between the design team in Seattle and the development team in Korea
- Coordinate production between art, audio and other disciplines involving both features and games
- Reliable & universal point of contact for design-related issues
- Organizes standups, bug bashes, design reviews, and build reviews
- Tests and logs bugs in our apps and games
- Coordinates with fellow project managers, producers, and design manager to maximize the potential of available resources
You will take on the important aspects of communication, coordination and making sure all cylinders are firing for the design team. This allows others to focus on the design of new apps, games, features, meta-features, container features, UX flows, and written design, while letting you handle project management, communication, deadlines, and improving output! You are a champion for projects and what is needed to be delivered. Success in this role means you’ve enabled the Design Team to release new DDI original games quickly by properly costing resources, prioritizing and tracking the work, and managing the on-time deliverables with Design and Production, all while noting the improvements to process and timelines in their work areas. Everyone rallies behind you on achieving company goals and understands the repeatable process for releasing hit DDI content on time, every time!
The Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!