Senior Manager, People & Culture
Want to be part of something new and exciting?
As the manager of People & Culture, you will plan, conduct, communicate and coordinate people operations programs and activities. You will lead People Operations practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. You are responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- 7+ years in HR with proven expertise in talent management, workforce planning, change management, organizational development and other strategic People & HR initiatives in high-tech or entertainment industries with 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, or other related field
- Strong structured project management experience through execution phase
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and able to influence change
- Demonstrated effectiveness and experience in delivering organizational change programs
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and able to create and present clear management presentations
- Must be flexible and open to change
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- SPHR or GPHR strongly desired
- Work closely with studio leadership and management to drive strategic people operations practices into regular business operations
- Establish rapport and open lines of communication cross functionally and across discipline locally and globally
- Implement integral people operations services specific to: employee resource planning and organizational development, performance management, employee relations, training, and development
- Consult and guide teams on people operations polices and best practices
- Conduct workforce planning and develop organizational design strategies to optimize our resources and aid in driving revenue and global expansion
- Coach management on the human capital implications of operating strategies and business practices and create action plans to address these implications
- Consult with senior management to design and implement succession planning strategies to ensure development of top performers and ready them for future leadership opportunities; identify areas where competencies are lacking and develop a plan to address these requirements
- Participate on or lead project teams related to various people operations initiatives
As the lead of People & Culture, you will partner with senior management to drive people operations initiatives including integrated talent management, performance management, compensation management, succession planning, and organizational development strategies as we further expand our human capital capabilities and processes. You will be able to influence change across the organization and must be able to partner with the leadership team in defining people operations needs and developing the scope of the related projects.
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family!
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County and partnered once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!