UI Game Artist (Mobile Games)
Want in at the start of something new and exciting?
We’ve rocketed off the planet of our social casino roots and are expanding out into new and creative mobile game genres and galaxies! In this position you will create compelling, emotionally impactful designs that increase player satisfaction while enhancing the established style and brand. You’ll have the opportunity to use your inspiration, creativity, and experience to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, simple to use and fun to play, but are also designed with a user-centered approach to ensure that we are adding value and meeting the needs of our users.
We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are moving beyond just social casino, and focusing on the creation of multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises; expanding our audience and genres to create fun new worlds, characters, stories, and gameplay! Our mobile games are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social gaming space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
● Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience as a Game Artist, Animator, UI Designer, Visual Designer, Interaction Designer or similar user-centric design roles
● Experience with mobile app development in shipping at least one high quality title
● Positive, coachable, and collaborative spirit
● Ability to wear many hats and juggle many tasks while delivering on time
● Serious passion for user-centered design
● Examples of wireframes, flow diagrams and visual designs that illustrate taking a design from concept to implementation
● Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
● Solid design, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities
● Solid 2D illustration abilities
● Experience creating prototypes — with proficiency in Unity, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Axure, Figma or other common development tools
● Experience creating animations/videos that demonstrate the flow and progression of a user interacting with our UI
Other Superpowers and Abilities
● Avid gamer that can connect with slots/casino core demographic
● Tech savvy, self-motivated, and prolific with a desire to lead by example
● Casino game creation experience, especially slots
● 3D modeling/sculpting, lighting & animation
● Experience working with 3rd parties
● Experience working with well-known brands
● Experience with Agile, JIRA, Kanban, or similar project management systems
● Experience with Unity implementation and product builds
● Mobile app development - iterative for both games and features
● UI design and prototype development for features
● UI design and art for games
● Innovating within technical limitations
● Working collaboratively with clear communication
Collaboration is key! Throughout your first year you will work closely with developers and artists to implement art within our established pipeline while helping to define new and improved pipelines. With your fellow art and design colleagues, you will develop and advance our visual style by creating high quality UI graphics and prototypes to engage and impact player engagement to grow our business! We hold each person accountable for their actions and expect you to be a positive influence that executes assigned tasks while helping your team members whenever possible. Since you are always growing as a(n) artist/designer, being able to take feedback professionally and having the ability to develop art to manage and project expectations in a timely manner is how we roll!
Rewards and Perks
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
● Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
● Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
● Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
● Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
● Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
● Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
● Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
- Story Time with Santa
● Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
● As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
▪ Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
▪ Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
▪ And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
● Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. These positions will begin as Work From Home, however with COVID restrictions slowly lifting, we will start to slowly transition into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!