Senior UI Artist
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are on the hunt for an energetic, self-propelled UI Artist to join our creative team! In this position you will create compelling, emotionally impactful UI designs that increase player satisfaction while enhancing our established style and brand. You’ll have the opportunity to use your experience, inspiration, and creativity to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, simple to use and fun to play, but are also designed with a user-centered approach to ensure that we are adding value and meeting the needs of our users. We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 130 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years’ of experience as a UI designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar user-centric design roles
- Positive, coachable, and collaborative spirit
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Examples of wireframes, flow diagrams and visual designs that illustrate taking a design from concept to implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Solid design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities
- Experience with Unity implementation and product builds
- Experience working with UX flows and UX teams
- Experience creating prototypes — with proficiency in Unity, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Axure or other common development tools
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Experience with Agile, JIRA, Kanban, or similar project management systems
Other cards you might be holding
- Iterative mobile app development
- Casino game creation experience, especially slots
- Experience shipping at least one high quality title
- Avid gamer that can connect with slots/casino core demographic
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- UI design and prototypes
- App features and game UI development
- Innovating within technical limitations
- Working collaboratively with other departments
- Keeping communication channels clear
- Working in Unity to integrate your responsive designs
- Maintaining a unified vision with other UI artists
- Leading and mentoring other UI artists when needed
- Working with established UX flows and creating your own
Hitting the jackpot
Collaboration is key! Throughout your first year you will work closely with programmers and artists to implement art within our established pipeline. With your fellow art and design colleagues, you will develop and advance our visual style by creating high quality UI graphics and prototypes to engage and impact player engagement to grow our business! You’ll be spending 40 percent of your time working in UX and 60 percent creating and implementing UI graphics. We hold each person accountable for their actions and expect you to be a positive influence that executes assigned tasks while helping your team members whenever possible. Since you are always growing as a(n) artist/designer, being able to receive feedback professionally and having the ability to develop art while managing and projecting expectations in a timely manner, is how we roll!
Cashing in on the comps
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! What do you mean? I’m glad you asked. Here is a short list of goodies boxes that have already gone out to employees:
- Summer Picnic in a Box (Hawaiian Themed)
- DDI Farmers Market Box (Filled with local goodies to support the community!)
- Oktoberfest Box
- Dia De Los Muertos & Halloween Treats Box (eagerly awaiting this one 😊)
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 40 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.