Want to be part of something new and exciting?
If you enjoy being part of a team that works together by taking action to get work done efficiently and effectively, supports the business by providing accurate financial data, and is always identifying opportunities for process improvement, this dynamic Accounting role is for you. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be an integral part of a small team that truly collaborates to meet the demands of the business. This is an exciting opportunity as you will play an enormously important role keeping our company in good financial standing with precision and proactive measures through the monthly accounting cycle.
Be a key player in building new worlds and experiences at DoubleDown!
Our Seattle studio is the hub for all things creative – think Game Designers, Artists, Marketers, and more! Located in Seattle’s International District, we are exploring beyond social casino and focusing on creating multiple, all-new casual and mid-core franchises – expanding to create experiences in fun new worlds, developing characters, stories & gameplay! As a leader in the social casino space, we are excited to continue revolutionizing mobile games through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting game experiences to all sorts of gamers.
Your XP, Badges and Skill Tree
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years professional Accounting experience
- Experience with Accounting software, such as Intacct
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Possess the desire, motivation, and visionary aptitude to engage in more than the typical structured accounting process
- Organization, attention to detail, and communication are critical to the success of this role
- Excellent demonstratable time management skills
Other Superpowers and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to continually learn and utilize a variety of information systems and software
- Consistently demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Perform month-end closing activities and account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, prepare journal entries, maintain balance sheet schedules, assist with revenue process, analyze general ledger account balances to determine accuracy and completeness of entries, and research and post account corrections in accordance with GAAP
- Assist the accounts payable function which may include banking activities such as electronic payment initiation, assist in resolving vendor issues, and review POs
- Support accounts receivable and revenue function which may include processing cash receipts, generating reports, and calculating revenue
- Handle tax payments and returns including sales tax, B&O tax, and VAT tax
- Recommend and help develop and implement workflow improvements within your areas of responsibility
- Solid understanding of internal controls related to accounting and reporting, and document processes for SOX compliance
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Support year end accounting activities such as rolling schedules forward, 1099 and 1096 processing, and W-9 updates
- Effectively prioritize competing responsibilities; ensures deliverables are completed timely
- Participate in ad hoc projects and assignments as needed
- Perform other accounting functions as assigned
In this role, you will have the opportunity to strongly engage with the team and business partners to learn the DoubleDown business while developing productive working relationships with internal and external business partners as you support their accounting needs. Throughout your first year, you will become proficient with balance sheet accounts through performing timely account reconciliations and become proficient in completing all accounting cycles through month-end close, management reporting, and financial statements. In doing so, you will also become an efficient user of our accounting system and other analysis tools we use, after all you helped implement them! As if that wasn’t enough, in your free time, you will also contribute to establishing and maintaining best practice policies and procedures, assist with establishing and maintaining internal controls and work with external auditors as needed.
Rewards and Perks
Since our studio transitioned to a hybrid work environment (1 collaboration day per week in the office) the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a glance at some of the fun things we do as a studio!
● Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
● Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of SnackMagic!
● Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
● Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
● Want to see your coworker's faces more than once a week? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done this past year:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Virtual Murder Mystery
- Virtual Candle Making
● Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes to feed you and your family!
● Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. We have sponsored a company match for Juneteenth, hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County, and partnered once again with NBCF and other local organizations.
● As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term), a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answering any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 4 personal floating holidays, and 9 paid company holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
▪ Between our 4 Employee Assistance Programs, and our medical provider, you can access up to 12 free counseling visits annually.
▪ And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
● Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
*How we're handling COVID-19*
We are still hiring, so we’ve adapted our process to keep people safe. All positions at DoubleDown are subject to interviewing & onboarding virtually/remotely. In June 2022, we transitioned into a hybrid environment based out of our Seattle, WA studio, where teams are expected to collaborate in the office for a minimum of 1 day per week. In person collaboration is an important part of making awesome gaming experiences so when it is safe, we look forward to working together both virtually and in person!