Production Technical Project Manager
IMS Prod Technical Project Manager
The IMS Shotgun Technical Project Manager manages the development and overall health of Shotgun.
Through collaboration with the Central Production
Management team and global leadership, the Technical PM works to find technical solutions to evolving production workflows.
At Dneg there has been extensive development, automation and integrations added to Shotgun. Given the complexity of production workflows and the quantity of users, everyone on this small team provide user support, while concurrently working on
project tasks. As one of Shotgun Software's largest clients, this includes supporting over 5000 active monthly users globally throughout the UK, India and North America on VFX, TV and Feature Animation projects.
This not a developer role, however the Technical PM is expected to configure Shotgun fields, layouts, templates, etc within the interface in accordance with established workflows as a Shotgun Admin.
- Contribute to the Shotgun development roadmap
- Collaborate with Central Production Management team to maintain standardised technical workflows per division
- Oversee the support queue to ensure tickets are triaged and closed in a timely manner so as to not inhibit production progress
- Deliver training to Production, Artists and Technology teams to ensure best practices are followed
- Host monthly user group meetings with users highlighting developments, bugs, new proposals
- Maintain user documentation for Shotgun and integrated tools
- Manage the development of new tools to support ever changing production workflows
- Work with related technology teams to ensure system is performing at it's best
- Schedule and manage developer tasks within Agile methodology
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Shotgun Software
- Experience working on production teams in a vfx and/or animation environment
- Extensive understanding of vfx and/or animation production workflows
- Ability to manage projects and collaborate with stakeholders
- Good technical understanding of production tools
- Ability to recognize repeating support tickets to identify problem areas to improve tools
- Experience running training sessions and writing technical documentation
Nice to have:
- Experience with Jira working in Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working on a team in multiple sites
- Working knowledge of Excel, Filemaker, MS Project
- Understanding of event based systems and Jenkins Jobs
- Experience with Workday Software
- Experience with web based applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a frequently changing environment
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Excellent Communication and relationship building skills
- Technical problem solving skills
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).