The Editorial team at DNEG is essential for the production of our shows. Working hand in hand with our production team, the VFX Editor is responsible for handling all editorial tasks required by a show.
Production will rely on the VFX Editor to have a thorough knowledge of all cuts, keeping them updated with the latest scans while also maintaining shot and VFX databases. You’ll liaise with cutting rooms and set up and run client meetings. You’ll be the point of contact for the internal production and artists.
There is also a creative element to the role and you’ll be asked to assist the PR and HR teams with promotional material and in-house initiatives. Throughout the year, the company also requests new showreels highlighting our work on shows.
It’s important you have the ability to train, encourage and support those working beneath you and delegate work fairly to promote a rewarding training environment.
- Proven experience working in a VFX Editorial Department on a minimum of four high-end long-form productions (TV/Feature Films).
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Expert understanding of all editorial tools.
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS and colour space.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions.
- Encoding/transcoding experience, sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Experience using Adobe Media Encoder, Shotgun and 2k playback software, such as Baselight, Framecycler or RV.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Nuke
- Fedora Linux (basic)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi task
- Quick on your feet
- Excellent communicator
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).