Animation TD (DNEG Animation)
Animation TD (FEAT)
North America / London
Key Purpose of the Job:
DNEG Animation is growing quickly after successfully delivering our first Animation feature and Short Film. Together we are bringing the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
DNEG Animation is a leader in stylized and realistic effects focused on a variety of animation projects. We rely on our ANIM TD to partner with our Animation teams to help with the following:
- Improve animation department workflow and techniques by troubleshooting animation issues related to tools and pipeline
- Interact and work with other related departments including Rigging, Layout and FX
- Provide technical support and training to production teams as required
- Participate in tools, pipeline and workflow meetings
- Work collaboratively by taking and interpreting feedback in a timely qualitative manner
- Maintain documentation for tools development and studio protocols
Must Have :-
- Significant animation experience within feature films
- Extensive experience with Maya and Linux
- Solid understanding of animation department workflows and how they fit in the wider production pipeline
- Proficient understanding of how/why animation tools aid animation workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with animators including those with little technical knowledge as well as very technical production technology teams
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Comfortable with global collaboration, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
Nice to Have:-
- Some understanding of rigging department workflows
- USD knowledge, and its use in animation workflows
- Python knowledge
About You :-
- Courteous and helpful.
- Able to take direction.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
About Us :-
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).