Project Manager - Business Intelligence
Job Title: Project Manager - Business Intelligence
Our talented Technology Project Managers are enthusiastic leaders, they are not only logical and organized in their approach to problem solving but also provide expert support to our businesses by planning and co-ordinating the creation and maintenance of management and production systems.
We are looking for a Project manager in India to lead multiple business-related projects from initial feasibility & requirements through to implementation. The projects will leverage large cross functional teams to design and set up new businesses and related infrastructure in emerging markets touching virtually all areas of DNEG’s business.
An appreciation of business context, and balance of commercial and technical understanding are required along with an ability to operate proactively and autonomously in a highly matrixed organization.
Needs to do:
- Own Business Intelligence & Operations projects prepare updates and implement all phases for project to achieve all project objectives. (Agile methodology preferred)
- Supervise and ensure efficient working of BI Team within IMS (Information Management Systems Team)
- Perform assessment on all reporting requirements and develop long term strategy for various reporting solutions including adoption with stakeholders.
- Coordinate with data owners and engagement team and ensure compliance to all enterprise data model according to data standards.
- Monitor work of Business Intelligence team via daily scrums and monthly Sprint ceremonies to ensure effective implementation of all Ops / BI projects to achieve objectives.
- Manage overall BI Workstream functions - Escalation Management - SLA and SLI management - Incident, Change and Problem Management - SM reporting - Document management like Support policies, escalation matrix, RACI documents, etc.
- Experienced in working closely with business units to fix issues, handle major incidents, to drive projects for quick implementation and to address and resolve problems/issues raised by various departments and divisions
- Work with Tech Managers team globally to ensure consistent business approach to Technical support and QA effort
- Support and aid disaster recovery and business continuity planning within their remit
- Constantly review and assess sites technical facilities requirements with a view to streamlining operations and reducing costs.
- Work with Information Security team to ensure appropriate levels of security are maintained.
- Monitors the tracking system to ensure adequate responses are given in areas of responsibility within appropriate time frame. Balances priorities against business needs, adjusts staff responsibilities and workloads as necessary.
- Routinely sets and manages expectations, including escalation activities and service level commitments, for both tech and business users. Works with management stakeholders and other divisions to resolve problems and escalations in a timely manner.
- Provides technical assistance and direction to staff. Promotes professional development among staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals and provides ongoing performance feedback to direct reports.
- Suggests, manages, and implements special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other departments/teams/divisions. Might undertake initiatives to make business recommendations.Build processes that enable team members to collaborate and execute. Identify, analyse, develop and recommend plans for increased support and QA team productivity
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Technology or similar certifications.
- Extensive project management related experience and ability to demonstrate the same.
- Experience in delivering Global BI Projects.
- PMP or any similar Project Management certification.
- Line Management of local and remote teams
- Previous experience in a similar role covering multiple sites.
- Proven ability to interact with key management stakeholders in other geographies.
- Ability to identify and implement changes in Technical Support policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organisation.
- Someone with strong leadership and team management skills.
- Proven track record of managing stakeholders
- You will have good problem solving, technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, flexible towards working hours, able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, work to deadlines and cope under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Skilled at working effectively as part of a global team.
Nice to have knowledge of:
- Platforms - Spotfire/ Power BI/ Tableau
- Data Framework
- Data Warehouse
- Latest trends within the data industry
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).