At DNEG the Accountant is a key part of the finance team. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
What You Will Do
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Perform and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Perform and ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Financial Controller and other finance and studio-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like.
- Work with the Studio Accounting Manager to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Part of the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Accounting Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Full cycle daily accounting tasks including AP, AR, and GL activities.
- Record Payroll in GL
- Reconciliation of all asset and liability accounts.
- Analysing departmental budgets and performing variance analysis
- Degree in Accounting. Designated or working towards a designation
- + 6 years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and its application
- Ability to work proactively both independently and its application
- Ability to multitask, thrive in a fast-paced setting, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Impeccably accurate with numbers and a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, and okay in French
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- String Ethics and Integrity
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Good relationship builder and team player
- Intermediate skills in MS office and Google docs
- Working knowledge of accounting software, preferably SAP
- Experience with SOX compliance, will be good to have
- Experience of VFX industry and PDV film tax rebates, will be good to have
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).