Lead Environment Modeller (DNEG Animation)
Since 2014 DNEG’s Feature Animation division has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated feature films. Currently in production on major animated features we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Feature Animation at DNEG: https://www.dneg.com/feature-animation/
Having established ourselves as a key player in Feature Animation, we rely on our talented Modellers to create highly detailed, appealing environments that establish the world for an Animated project.
Our team have the ability to build complex 3D environments and set pieces by taking direction from the Production Designer and working alongside Development Artists and the Layout Department to convert designs into builds and models. Appeal is key at DNEG and we expect our Modellers to have a strong eye for detail and aesthetic design.
As a Lead, you would be responsible for maintaining quality and consistency across all assets and environments. You would be expected to offer guidance to Junior artists and offer appropriate mentoring to assist them in meeting the expected quality of work. You will effectively communicate across departments to ensure deliveries from modelling meet the requirements and standards expected by the Layout, Surfacing and Rigging departments. Leads are also expected to document workflows and practices and take an active interest in developing future tools and techniques relative to the modelling department.
You’ll be experienced enough to anticipate and communicate any model performance issues and ensure adherence to the Feature Animation production pipeline protocols.
- Experience working on a feature animated film
- Previous experience leading a team
- Production experience as an Environment Modeller
- Degree in Computer Animation or relevant course
- Strong communication skills when working as part of a large team & pipeline
- Traditional sculpting techniques using digital tools such as Maya or Z-brush
- A strong sense of form, scale and proportion
Nice to Have
- Experience in Unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Able to learn in house work flows and methodologies
- Able to adapt to changing requirements or briefs
- Enjoys training and mentoring others
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).