Production Technology Project Manager
Key Purpose of the Job:
- Plan, coordinate and deliver on the creation and maintenance of inhouse tools for use in production.
- Ensure that projects are delivered ontime and within scope with available resources.
- Liaise with production stakeholders for requirements, priorities, test and roll out plans.
- Advise on the allocation of development resources and guide developers to meet the needs of the facility.
- Plan and schedule development in accordance with our roadmaps and clearly communicate this information to the wider company.
- Facilitate communication and project planning, review and retrospective sessions.
- Report to management and escalate issues when necessary.
- Work within the team of project managers to ensure consistency of approach.
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a Project Manager in a technical environment.
- Extensive understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies.
- Experience of ticketing systems e.g. Jira. Experience with MS Project or a similar package is essential; as well as with standard Office tools.
- Knowledge of visual effects pipelines and tools is a plus but not a requirement. Agile, PMP or PRINCE2 certification is desirable.
Needs to be:
- Logical and organised in their approach to problem solving.
- Confident when communicating with developers and production.
- Interested in managing and delivering software projects.
- Proven in project management to a high level.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm.
- Calm and personable under pressure and when working to tight deadlines.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.