Software Developer I - Dispatcher
Core Services is looking for a Software Developer to join its Dispatcher project in its Show Development Frameworks domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Show Development Frameworks domain @ Core Services provides libraries and frameworks to be utilized by software products to provide end-user functionality. The libraries we provide include SDKs and APIs for asset data modeling, scene assembly, task dispatching, and other utility tasks.
Dispatcher is our in-house bespoke task automation framework to trigger routine tasks based on events (for e.g. when a new version is created). As a Software Developer in the Dispatcher project, you will, under the guidance of our senior developers, develop new features and fix bugs. You will occasionally need to troubleshoot issues raised by other technology teams.
● Develop new features, fix bugs in libraries and frameworks in the Dispatcher project.
● Develop new software and tools which integrate into DNEG's pipeline.
● Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
● Provide Ops work for issues that have been escalated.
● Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
● Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
This job offers a huge potential to learn from the best, discover technologies that you find exciting, and grow your career along your chosen path.
● 2+ years of non-intern experience in professional software development.
● Programming experience in Python.
● Fluency in areas such as data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modelling, and schema design.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
● Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
● Knowledge of Python 3.
● Knowledge of QT framework.
● Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
● Previous experience working in a VFX environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).