Production and Hospitality Runners at DNEG play a central role in the smooth running of the studio. They support the DNEG team with any facilities-based duties while learning about the company and VFX industry. This is a full-time, 40 hours a week role that will give you the grounding and skills you need to succeed in VFX Production.
*This role is not for anyone interested in developing their career in an artistic role.
Why be a Runner?
Running is the best way to get your foot in the door at DNEG. All our runners join us with the aim of moving up in the business, managing and supporting VFX production.
What is the career route for a Runner?
Our production runners are looking to move into VFX Production roles; starting as a Runner, you move into a Production Assistant role on your first show, then into coordination and beyond until you are an award winning VFX Producer!
Once you are promoted to a Production Assistant, you will work closely with the team to help manage the production of shows and be responsible for communicating with artists, supervisors, different departments, and the clients to meet everyone’s expectations. Your tasks will also involve event planning, scheduling, managing resources and solving problems, etc.
Those who aim to pursue a career in Production will need to have excellent communication skills, be proactive, be able to manage their time accordingly, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Answering all queries and requests from DNEG employees through a ticketing system, email, phone or in person.
- Assisting the Facilities and Office Management teams with the smooth running of our offices
- Taking initiative to manage stocks and supplies, arranging orders where necessary; ensuring refreshments, stationery and general office equipment are well-stocked.
- Keeping the kitchens, meeting rooms and rest areas clean, tidy and well presented.
- Assisting the Reception team when needed including dealing with switchboard calls, welcoming clients, and providing refreshments for meetings and clients.
- Supporting the recruitment, HR and other Site teams in the studio with ad-hoc duties.
- Goods in/out, couriers, post and deliveries.
- External deliveries & collections to nearby stores and production houses.
- Organising & managing employee meals, when required.
Needs to Have
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet and Email
- Interest in the film industry and VFX
- A professional and friendly manner
- Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communicator
- Team Player
- Hard worker
Measures of Performance
- Time Management
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).