Shoot Kit Supervisor
The Shoot Kit Supervisor oversees the Shoot Kit department and will be expected to manage a small team. The Shoot Kit Supervisor is responsible for handling all shoot kit requests and tasks as required and must liaise with other departments within the company in order to facilitate on-set crew hardware needs. They are also responsible for liaising with and advising on-set crew on equipment availability and must be able to problem solve to ensure requests are met. The Shoot Kit Supervisor will also be required to assist on-set teams remotely with any technical problems with the equipment.
As the Shoot Kit Supervisor, you will also be responsible for the administrative operations of the department including basic accounting (purchase order creation), tracking equipment via a booking system, maintenance of a detailed inventory database and shipping manifests both nationally and internationally.
You will also be expected to support the department when it comes to all aspects of kit preparation, maintenance and are responsible for the stock levels. Due to the nature of the role, at the moment, the Shoot Kit Supervisor is required to work on-site at the DNEG London studio two to three days a week, with the rest of the time working remotely from home. There are strict COVID health and Safety guidelines in place, which must be followed, to ensure your safety and the safety of all on-site personnel.
- Strong knowledge of on-set hardware including DSLR / video cameras, lighting and grip equipment.
- Solid understanding of onset data acquisition techniques, predominantly with photography equipment.
- Strong familiarity with the practical and technical aspects of Photography.
- An understanding of VFX and post production environment. This may include data acquisition, green/blue-screen shoots, elements shoots, 3d scanning.
- Flexibility to assist on shoots when required on-set or on-location.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or experience of Lidar scanning/processing techniques.
- Extensive experience of national and international shipping logistics and equipment bookings.
- Ability to shoot publicity and promotional videos of a high standard for use on the DNEG website, social media etc.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Team oriented.
- Flexible and able to use initiative.
- Good Communicator across all levels and have strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willing to learn new techniques.
- Calm under pressure.
- Leadership/management skills
- Able to think creatively and problem solve
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).