Senior Software Developer I - Dispatcher
Core Services is looking for a Software Developer to join its Dispatcher project in its Show Development Frameworks domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Show Development Frameworks domain @ Core Services provides libraries and frameworks to be utilized by software products to provide end-user functionality. The libraries we provide include SDKs and APIs for asset data modelling, scene assembly, task dispatching, and other utility tasks.
Dispatcher is our in-house bespoke task automation framework to trigger routine tasks based on events (for e.g. when a new version is created). As a Senior Software Developer in the Dispatcher project, you will be helping to design and implement key components of the libraries and frameworks in the project. You will have influence in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, designing, building, and maintaining software as well as integrating tools into our existing pipeline.
● Participate in the design and implementation of new features in the Dispatcher project.
● Investigate solutions and techniques to improve our existing libraries and frameworks.
● Develop new software and tools which integrate into DNEG's pipeline.
● Present ideas for development opportunities.
● Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
● Ensure that bug reports and escalated support requests are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
● Work with artist supervisors and other teams in Production Technology to gather requirements and translate them into architectural and feature specifications.
● Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
● Communicate development plans and complex technical information to colleagues in the development team, to artists, and to the wider business, adapting your style as appropriate.
● Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
● 5+ years of non-intern experience in professional software development.
● Programming experience in Python.
● Knowledge of QT framework.
● Fluency in areas such as data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modelling, and schema design.
● Knowledge of software development processes including coding standards, version control, automated testing, and CI/CD practices.
● Ability to design and develop sophisticated application interfaces that provide an excellent experience.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
● Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
● Programming experience in C++.
● Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
● Previous experience working in VFX, Feature Animation or Games environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).