Department Production Manager
PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only for this position. If you would like to be considered for future openings, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience.
The Department Production Manager role at DNEG is an exciting opportunity to work within our Departments working on some of the largest VFX feature films. The Department Production Manager role will see you working with the Head of Department and Artist Manager to ensure the smooth running of your respective Department.
As a Department Production Manager you will be responsible for the Departments schedule. You will work in collaboration with the Head of Department and Artist Manager to ensure the team have a clear view on the current work moving through the Department. You will also work closely with them to ensure the Department is resourced correctly for current and future projects.
Within your Department you will be responsible for the daily management of the teams Production Coordinators and Production Assistants. You will work closely with them to ensure allocated work is progressing through the
Department effectively and deadlines are being met. You will also be responsible for building strong relationships with upstream and downstream departments and instilling this into your Department.
- Proven VFX Feature Film industry experience
- Excellent understanding of a VFX production pipeline
- Proven track record of delivering to a deadline and strong scheduling skills
- Excellent knowledge of VFX in order to make critical calls on crew allocations and resourcing, especially as the show nears delivery
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Project (or similar)
- Experience in database work
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Filemaker
- Passionate about film
- Clear in planning with artists, supervisors and clients
- Organised and methodical in your approach to the work
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A strong, clear communicator, leading teams with enthusiasm
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.