The Technology department at Double Negative is in charge of the smooth running of the entire IT infrastructure across our global network. Our System Administrators play a key part because their role entails day-today support but also project work to sustain and improve our large, primarily Linux, infrastructure.
Working as a team, they provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to our global infrastructure including support for our Netapps and Dell fire servers running XFS, NFS, CIFS as well as our SGI DMF back up systems. Systems Administrators also manage and maintain our large MySQL and Postgres databases while also ensuring saltstack and Jenkins are working correctly. Reports and diagnose issues will be required using our monitoring systems, sensu, graphite and ganglia.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent subject
- Previous experience as a Systems Administrator
- Extensive experience working with Linux systems
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Perl and Bash
- Extensive experienced user of GIT and Subversion
- Experience working with a ticketing systems, ideally JIRA
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to non-technical people.
- Smart, driven and adaptable
- Logical and practical in approach to solving complex problems
- Team orientated and organised
- Strong communicator
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).