Performance Capture TD
DNEG’s Virtual Production Department provides a cutting-edge service to clients that helps them return to the roots of film, allowing filmmakers to see what is being filmed as it happens, using Virtual Reality, Augmented reality and more. Virtual production is quickly being adopted by the industry due to its vast benefits such as a more iterative workflow and ability to visualise things in a naturalistic way.
We are looking for a Performance Capture TD to help assist on shoots and support the team in delivering high quality character animation for use in Film, TV & Interactive Media. This will include helping to run a high end Vicon Vantage system along with a smaller OptiTrack system across full-body full performance animation, camera tracking for use in Virtual Production along with prop tracking for Volumetric capture. As well as being technically proficient, you will need to be a good communicator, this role will require you to run on-set collaborative demos with directors, VFX supervisors, and other VFX artists.
- Experience with motion capture technologies including Vicon or OptiTrack.
- Experience with the motion capture pipeline and using Motionbuilder.
Nice to Have
- Experience on set assisting in shoots and capturing motion capture data.
- Good technical knowledge of games engines like Unreal and Unity.
- Basic understanding of CG packages like Maya, Max or Blender.
- Passionate about film
- Organised and methodical in your approach to the work
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).