Software Developer I (File Transfer)
Core Services is looking for a Software Developer to join its File Transfer product team in its Show Systems domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Show Systems domain @ Core Services provides full-stack products that are custom built to DNEG’s requirements. Our products are used across the company for data migration, data archival, and disk space management. They are critical to the operations of the company and include web apps, traditional desktop applications, and command-line tools.
File Transfer is a multi-site suite of services coordinating to transfer files of all kinds between DNEG’s various locations. The services run on our on-premises container platform. As a Software Developer in the File Transfer product team, you will, under the guidance of our senior developers, develop new features and fix bugs. You will need to troubleshoot issues in the operations of File Transfer.
- Provide Ops work for File Transfer related issues that have been escalated.
- Develop new features, fix bugs in the File Transfer product.
- Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
- Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
- Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
This job offers a ton of potential to learn from the best, discover technologies that you find exciting, and grow your career along your chosen path.
- 2+ years of non-intern experience in professional software development.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures and container technologies.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have
- Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of Python 3.
- Previous experience working in a VFX environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).