HR Advisor – Global Mobility & Immigration
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the busy HR Team at DNEG’s head office. Our London Studio is made up of a VFX Film & TV Division, a new and developing Feature Animation division, a large technology division, plus our core support functions.
We are looking for an HR Advisor - Global Mobility & Immigration (FTC) to join our team to provide generalist operational HR support for assigned departments within the Company, as well as overseeing UK business immigration compliance and International Transfer and Assignment policies, projects and workflows.
As part of the generalist HR support within this role, you will partner closely with your client group, providing comprehensive HR support, coaching managers through a range of ER issues and advising on best practice, whilst at the same time ensuring a pragmatic and business focus, appropriate to DNEG. You will work collaboratively with Managers/Heads of Departments (HoDs), ensuring the best solutions are provided and effective communication at all times.
In supporting the HoDs for your client groups, you will take the lead on a variety of HR activities including ER issues, performance management (formal & informal), talent management, annual performance & salary review process, absence management, redundancies and managing ad-hoc people issues. You will also work as part of a wider HR team, to oversee the administrative function as well as manage and support our Global Mobility & Immigration Assistant.
Within this role, you will be DNEG’s Global Mobility & Immigration internal expert. Working closely with our external Immigration lawyers, you will be the Authorising Officer for DNEG’s UK Sponsor License for Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas, ensuring our sponsor license is up to date and DNEG is compliant at all times. You will oversee all reporting duties and administrative tasks carried out by our Global Mobility & Immigration Assistant, and advise on visa requirements and applications where necessary. You will also be responsible for providing advice and training to Managers, HR and Talent Acquisition on all UK immigration processes. For this role, it is important you keep up to date with all UK Immigration legislation, Brexit and the new immigration system due to be launched in 2021.
Within this role, you will also be responsible for advising on all matters relating to Global Mobility including, visas for employees going on-set globally, and immigration requirements for International Transfers and Assignments into London. You will support the Global Mobility and Immigration Assistant when advising employees about upcoming trips, providing guidance on relocation, vaccinations and other policy elements. Within this role, you will also be responsible for maintaining policies and processes for International business travel, Transfers and Assignments.
This role would ideally suit someone who has experience as an HR Advisor with responsibility for UK Immigration and International Transfers and Assignments. You will be highly motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven experience in a generalist HR role, operating at Advisory level
- Knowledge of UK visa sponsorship, specifically Tier 2 and Tier 5, with experience of using the Sponsorship Management System
- Experience in dealing with International Transfers and Assignments, including policies management, relocation packages, immigration and tax
- Able to demonstrate a practical understanding and interpretation of UK employment law
- Excellent general IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other packages as appropriate
Nice to Have
- CIPD Qualified
- Experience of working within a creative industry
- Experience within a large Company structure
- Educated to degree level
- Team player but able to motivate self and work independently on own initiative
- Discrete, approachable and reliable
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
- Ability to liaise confidently and credibly with people at all levels
- Proven ability to influence and build strong business partnerships within a business
- Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- Ability to see the bigger picture, problem solve and operate accordingly
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.