Software Developer I (Show Development Frameworks)
Core Services is looking for a Software Developer to join its Show Development Frameworks domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Show Development Frameworks domain @ Core Services provides libraries and frameworks to be utilized by software products to provide end-user functionality. The libraries we provide include SDKs and APIs for asset data modeling, scene assembly, task dispatching, and other utility tasks.
As a Software Developer in the Show Development Frameworks domain, you will, under the guidance of our senior developers, develop new features and fix bugs. You will occasionally need to troubleshoot issues raised by other technology teams.
- Develop new features, fix bugs in libraries and frameworks owned by the Show Development Frameworks domain.
- Develop new software and tools which integrate into DNEG's pipeline.
- Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
- Provide Ops work for issues that have been escalated.
- Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
- Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
This job offers a ton of potential to learn from the best, discover technologies that you find exciting, and grow your career along your chosen path.
- 2+ years of non-intern experience in professional software development.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Programming experience in C++.
- Fluency in areas such as data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modeling, and schema design.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have
- Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of Python 3.
- Previous experience working in a VFX environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).