Look Development at DNEG allows our artists to embrace their creative side to build eye-catching assets. Our Senior Look Development TDs are responsible for creating a range of digital assets to an impeccable standard for our world-class feature films.
As part of our build team, you’ll work closely with our texture artists, modelers, and lighters; this is a collaborative effort and requires you to absorb feedback from your peers to produce the best possible result. All assets created will support the workflow requirements to aid the smooth running of production so it’s important you have the ability to create and design look development that is simple, elegant and easy to pass onto peers.
You will need to be organized, proactive and a self-starter person. We are looking for a good team player, that can communicate effectively with the team in an approachable and personable way. Calm under pressure and committed to meet tight deadlines with a positive, can-do attitude
- Previous VFX industry experience, working on assets for feature films
- Ability to produce high-end assets under tight deadlines from onset reference
- Understanding of the pipeline as a whole and experience working collaboratively with other departments
- Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
- Good understanding of Colour/Grading/Lighting
- Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
- Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
Nice to have
- Experience using Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Previous experience working with Clarisse
- Experience working with Mari
- Previous experience shading fur and hair
- Ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Excellent communicator
- Team orientated
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Problem solver
- Great eye for detail
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).