The Compositing Supervisors at DNEG work closely with the compositors and the VFX Supervisors to ensure the timely completion of shots for their shows. They oversee all compositing aspects of project based, in-house visual effects production. Supervisors will also complete and deliver compositing shots when necessary to the project. The supervisor will work directly and collaboratively with the project clients(Internal). Managing and supervising the team of compositors, briefing them and providing constructive feedback will be the main focus of the supervisor role. Being able to ensure consistency and develop production methodologies, creative approaches and problem solving play a big part of the position. The Supervisor will also be managing the production workflow and pipeline as well as the production bidding for current and future projects.
Creative and Technical Responsibilities:
- Deliver creative realization to the VFX Supervisor and ensuring creative continuity across a Show/s
- Interpreting the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor and providing a clear, consistent, creative brief to the Leads and Artists.
- Supporting the use of consistent, global department workflows and processes as well as design more effective workflows.
- Provide concise and constructive feedback and ensuring the Artists are directed to reach milestones & show targets.
- Deliver highest quality work out of dailies to the VFX Supervisor and build strategies to improve operational efficiency on an ongoing basis like design of more effective training, tracking progress and reporting across all the teams.
- Approving work that is ready to progress to the next department.
- Ensuring work is delivered according to the Show schedule.
- Communicating with all departments to manage dependencies.
- Explain the work and requirements of their show to the HoDs to ensure they can provide the best possible team for the work.
- Day-to-day oversight of the Show supervision team.
- Resolving conflicts of workflow approach between the teams /the shows
- At least 10 years VFX post-production experience
- Previous experience as a Comp Supervisor or Sequence Supervisor on a minimum of three high-end feature films
- Excellent creative eye and aesthetic judgment
- Ability to sell creative solutions and ideas to the VFX Supervisors
- Ability to reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
- Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
- Expert in Nuke and proficient in other industry standard software
- Proven team leader with strong motivational and initiative qualities.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Recognized attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Technically and creatively astute.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.