Crowd Supervisor [DNEG Animation]
The Crowd Supervisor is responsible for project wide management of the Crowd department, leading teams of artists and leads whilst coordinating with Collaborating with Producers, Dept. Supervisors, clients, Pipeline and R&D teams to ensure smooth running of the Crowd department.
As Crowd Supervisor, you will Supervise and develop the Crowd team, providing them with aesthetic and technical guidance and support to ensure show schedules are hit and the team progresses as well as addressing technical issues and identifying best practices for the team. You will be responsible for implementing efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd workflows and tools in DNEG’s pipeline, on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines and shot/sequence feedback. You will attend and potentially drive meetings that relate to the Crowd department as well as participate in the development of the Crowd Maya/Houdini Pipeline.
Other duties will include interviewing potential talent for the team, shot/workflow set ups and troubleshooting technical issues and identifying and breaking down cycles for guiding the cycle anim team.
- Expert knowledge of Houdini and Maya
- Working knowledge with (any/or) Python, VEX, C++ (Desired)
- Experience working with a USD based pipeline
- Experience working in a Linux production environment
- Expert Creative sense and ability to understand artistic directions from VFX Supervisors and the Directors to guide the team accordingly
- Good understanding of the filmmaking process in VFX or CG animation production
- Expert understanding of all parts of the production pipeline and processes
- Experience as a Supervisor and/or significant experience in a Lead role
Nice to have
- Feature Animation experience
- Additional experience with Motion Builder, Massive, Golaem or other crowd software packages
- Experience in cycle animation, character animation, rigging, and/or mocap
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).