Workday Systems Analyst
DNEG is looking for a Systems Analyst to join our Information Management Systems (IMS) team as a subject matter expert in our HRIS, Workday. You will bring your expertise in Workday modules, including HCM, Absence Management, and Time Tracking, and understand the ins-and-outs of backend configuration, custom reporting, permissions, and security groups.
The focus of your role will be to ensure that the system runs as efficiently and effectively as possible, which you will achieve by working with your global team to troubleshoot internal stakeholder issues as they arise, and by contributing to exciting projects to streamline the system.
- Provide support to Workday issues that arise in the company by supporting the global ticket queue in Jira, ensuring that questions are responded to and resolved in a timely manner. Common questions revolve around reporting, logging time & absences, time-off balances, change requests or feature requests, and other questions that may require manual overrides in WD.
- Support the IMS team with EIBs and existing/new core connector and studio integrations
- Create complex custom reports which may involve calculated fields and transforming data based on the specifications provided by stakeholders
- Work with IMS Lead to test new developments and features by helping manage the User Acceptance Testing, documentation, and rollout
- Contribute to systems projects assigned to you, ranging from smaller project tasks to large-scale projects, to be determined by your Lead
- Participate in Weekly Ops Meetings and IMS retrospectives, and actively share your ideas and recommendations with the team
- Drive continuous process improvements in Workday, working with a variety of internal stakeholder teams, including HR and Finance, to gather requirements and enacting changes to improve the end-user experience and ensure data integrity, oftentimes liaising with Workday and Workday Community for solutions
- Keep updated on Workday features, news, and best practices, and take initiative to have an active presence in Workday Community
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1 to 2+ years of experience working as a HRIS Analyst or Systems Analyst in Workday
- Configuration experience in Workday, with strong knowledge of the HCM, Absence Management, and Time Tracking modules (including understanding time-off plans and time entry templates)
- Strong understanding of Workday permissions and security groups
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in creating functional specifications
- Experience with custom, advanced, and matrix reports
- Experience with EIBs, Core Connectors, and Studio Integrations
- Experience in business process administration and maintenance
- Experience working with internal stakeholders such as HR and Payroll
- Attention to detail
- Team player, and interest in working with a large global team
- Patience and willingness to learn
- Customer support experience
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.