IT Talent Acquisition Partner
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Technical Talent Acquisition Partner is a full cycle recruiting position responsible for partnering with Hiring Managers & HR to identify, attract and acquire top talent that supports business success. They are responsible for delivering programs and initiatives around workforce planning, employer brand building, sourcing and recruiting, interview and assessment, selection and on boarding whilst adhering to applicable local laws and best practice.
As Technical Talent Acquisition Partner you will be instrumental in building a highly skilled Technology team. Partnering with hiring managers and leaders from the Production Technologies and Information Systems Management teams for our Montreal, Vancouver, Los Angeles and London studios, you’ll be essential to ensuring DNEG is leading the way in terms of Prod Tech Talent Acquisition both in terms of candidate experience and success in hiring top Production Technology talent.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with HRBPs, leaders and hiring managers in the Production Technology team in order to forecast current and future recruitment needs and deliver effective recruiting strategies that support the business objectives. Work together to identify ideal skill set and experience for roles and seek out the talent to fulfil needs.
- Independently conduct candidate searches from a variety of sources and using the best attraction strategies.
- Assess applicants skills and articulate a compelling career opportunity based on their motivations
- Conduct initial phone screens with candidates to assess technical skills and cultural fit and skilfully present candidate match and value to the hiring team
- Drive the interview process of each candidate from presentation to hiring manager through offer negotiations; determine fit and qualifications of all candidates presented. Consult with hiring managers on evaluation and selection of final candidates.
- Counsel, advise and influence hiring managers on candidate skill set, suitability for role based on requirements and hiring decision.
- Ensure outstanding candidate and hiring manager experience throughout the entire recruitment process, effectively communicating and managing candidate and hiring manager expectations, timely and appropriate responsiveness to hiring manager and candidate expectations, and timely feedback to candidates at all stages of the selection process.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and industry & monitors industry news to be able to advise managers on market conditions.
- Continue to refresh knowledge in order to effective research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Track knowledge gained from candidate network on competitors offering to feedback and drive strategies around benchmarking and total compensation
- Remain active on Social Media to positively promote DNEG’s employer brand
- Manage candidate requisition lifecycle in the ATS with highest accuracy and timeliness to ensure data integrity for reporting.
- Produce reporting for hiring areas that helps feed the direction of the hiring strategy.
- Act as a brand ambassador educating external talent on the business vision and employee value proposition at events and through outreach programs at schools.
- Continually source and nurture top talent.
- Participate in projects, implement best practices, and help to innovate the overall TA process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic record
- 4+ years’ experience in a Technology focused recruitment role
- Demonstrable success in hiring
- Experience with a variety of selection, testing assessment & interview methods
- Strong business acumen, knowledge or experience within the film/ VFX industry is a strong asset
- Knowledge of local employment legislation, knowledge of immigration practices is a strong asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be flexible, agile and reprioritize work, as needed
- Passionate, approachable, excellent relationship builder
- Experience with using ATS systems, strong excel and MS word skills, experience with Mac and Apple platforms would be an asset.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).