The Compositing Supervisor works within a department and will typically be assigned to one show. They will work closely with the DFX and VFX Supervisor to oversee and deliver all compositing aspects of a show.
The Comp Supervisor works with the compositing artists in their team to use consistent methodologies to deliver the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way. They are expected to solve technical problems, design the approach to shots and set the creative standard for their team. The Compositing Supervisor is expected to work collaboratively with all Department Supervisors to deliver the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor.
- VFX industry experience as a 2D Supervisor
- Experience working directly with VFX and DFX Supervisors
- Experience managing and supervising a team of 2D artists
- Critical eye for detail and be able to communicate visual aspects to the team with a clear creative brief
- Experience in production bidding
- Experience in project management, balancing quality with time constraints
- Experience developing production methodologies, creative approaches and problem-solving
- Good general knowledge of vfx pipeline and 3D Softwares
- Advanced experience in Nuke
- Advanced understanding of Colour pipeline and client deliverables
Nice to Have
- Onset supervision experience a bonus but not essential
- Experience working collaboratively with other company global facilities
- Contribute to training and mentorship of junior artists
- Experience in both Film and TV
- Strong leadership qualities
- Team orientated
- Critical eye for detail
- Strong communicator
- Calm under pressure
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).