HR Systems Analyst
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Total Rewards and HRIS Centre of Excellence is focused on bringing efficiency and value to the business through improving global HR operations, analytics, reporting, and rewards structures. As part of a growing, global team supporting DNEG’s HR Information System (HRIS), Workday, the HR Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting HRIS activities related to day-to-day HR operations, reporting, and compliance. The HR Systems Analyst works directly with employees, managers, HR, and other key business stakeholders to provide ongoing Workday support. Working alongside the HR Systems Specialists, this is an exciting opportunity for a developing individual who has a strong foundational experience in Workday and is looking to develop their career within HRIS.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor the HRIS inbox and JIRA to provide Workday support to users, resolving or triaging requests to the appropriate team members
- Handle and respond to Tier 2 tickets, such as assigning security, creating new job profiles, creating new supervisory/matrix organisations, uploading the holiday calendars, or other low risk configuration tasks
- Manage the initial Workday request intake and requirements gathering for new project requests
- Assist with the implementation of Workday enhancement and change projects through research, configuration, testing, and process guides; working in collaboration with our global Workday team to ensure seamless implementation
- Remain current on new and emerging trends and developments related to HRIS and analytics to ensure business requirements are met in the most accurate, efficient, and cost effective manner
- Act as a key contributor for HRIS projects and provide technical assistance to stakeholders and peers
- Support data audits and reconciliations to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Support large data change activities such as mass uploads, mass salary changes and promotions, large intakes of hires, etc
- Coordinate the bi-annual Workday release review in collaboration with the HR Systems Specialists
- Coordinate and deliver Workday training to new HR users and managers; support with creating and maintaining training presentations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum 2 year experience working in HR systems administration and/or operations
- Experience with HRIS, applicant tracking, or other HR-related software (Workday would be an asset)
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) skills; experience with G Suite an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); able to communicate technical concepts with ease, exercising tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity, to an audience at all levels
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to shift priorities quickly. Willing to shift hours, as needed, to accommodate global meetings in other time zones.
- Positive and solutions-oriented: we deal with a variety of interesting challenges – and we enjoy it! We are looking for someone who will take a positive attitude to all that we do.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).